The River (1928) on DVD!

House_of_Usher

Netflix

Post by House_of_Usher »

Well, according to Silent Era.Com the brand new new restoration of Frank Borzage's THE RIVER (Fox, 1928) starring Charles Farrell, and Mary Duncan is being released on official DVD in December! At least over in the UK.
After reading your post I "flew" to Netflix to see if they possibly had it ... no such luck!!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm glad you enjoyed The River, Gagman.

It's quite torrid :)
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Alison,

:D Yes, thank you so much for lending me this, but I full intend to purchase the Official 2 Disc set. I encourage as many people as possible to do the same you will most certainly not be disappointed. If you like Frank Borzage, F. W. Murna, or Charles Farrell, this is a must have. If you are just a budding Silent film fan you can't lose either! A real treasure to add to your collection, that should not be missed!

:) More sales will possibly lead to further releases from this company of other long un-seen Fox Silent features of the Middle, and Late 20's! So many great classics are yet to be uncovered!
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

I had the pleasure of watchiing this too. Terrific extras with Borzage as an actor. I had no idea that he was an actor as well as a director. A man of many talents! :)
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard