Valentino film very early Wed. morn. Yea or Nay?

moira finnie
Administrator

Valentino film very early Wed. morn. Yea or Nay?

Post by moira finnie »

Say, silent sophisticates: Is this very early morning movie on TCM a good example of Rudolph Valentino's work? Thanks for any comments.

Moran of the Lady Letty (1922) 4:45 AM ET Jan. 30th on TCM
Synopsis: In this silent film, a playboy fights to save a young woman from the smugglers who have kidnapped them.
Cast: Dorothy Dalton, Rudolph Valentino, Charles Brinley. Dir: George Melford. BW-68 mins, TV-G
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

Well, I know I watched it last time it played on TCM, and since I cannot remember anything about it, I would say you could pass this one by.
CoffeeDan

If you have to ask, better record it . . .

Post by CoffeeDan »

COFFEEDAN'S FIRST RULE OF RECORDING MOVIES: If you have even a scintilla of interest in a film, always record it to watch later. If you like it, you've got a treasure you can watch again and again. If it's not to your liking, you can always tape over or pitch it (blank videocassettes and discs are ungodly cheap these days). Either way, you'll be the richer for having seen it.

In this particular instance, MORAN OF THE LADY LETTY is interesting for seeing how Paramount was trying to broaden Rudolph Valentino's appeal by casting him in a more masculine seafaring tale. Again, if you have even the slightest interest in Valentino, it's worth watching.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I hope you taped it. I've only seen stills of this movie but Valentino looks very nice in them.

I have a friend who bought the DVD release who can vouch for the fact the Moran of The Lady Letty is a good film.

Let us know what you think :)