Howard Hughes Produced Clara Bow Feature?

Gagman 66

Howard Hughes Produced Clara Bow Feature?

Post by Gagman 66 »

:o Here is something very interesting, a poster for Clara Bow's GET YOUR MAN with Buddy Rogers, reveals that this picture was Co-Produced by Howard Hughes! So I wonder if this means that the same place where they discovered the other Hughes Silent's that a nice print of this movie was in there with them? Could it be possible? This would be wonderful if it was, because Paramount may not own the film then? I am going to try to find out some more details. GET YOUR MAN is not Lost!

:) While it doesn't say Howard R. Hughes on this poster, it does in the original link. I am trying to find another poster for this movie that bares his name. This film was released in December of 1927.

:roll: Details are slim on the TCM Movie Data Base, and Hughes name isn't mentioned. I have a poor bootleg that looks like it was processed at 16 frames per second? Much to slow for any movie released in late 1927. I have never watched more than about 5 minutes of it.

:cry: Shockingly enough, all Four of Clara Bow's Paramount features from 1928, when She was the Biggest Star anywhere, are currently considered to be "Lost".

MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Jeffrey,

The one book I have on Hughes, Howard Hughes in Hollywood does not list Get Your Man as a film Hughes produced. Also, in two different Clara Bow bios, Hughes isn’t ever mentioned (at least according to their glossaries). I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that this, and Bow’s other features, are found in good condition. It’s a shame how few Bow films are available, especially considering her notability. Clara Bow is one of the names even people who have never seen a silent film tend to recognize (Valentino and, of course Chaplin, would be a couple of others.)
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Kevin,

:o Clara does have a fair number of surviving films, but most are nowhere around, or only are circulating in poor quality bootlegs. CHILDREN OF DIVORCE was fully restored in 2001, but has seen only sparse live screening's so far. Like the one last week in Chicago.

:( The news of GET YOUR MAN is far from encouraging, I fear. It may already have turned to dust by now? Silent Era.Com list's the lone 35 millimeter print as in "Active Decomposition"! I can't believe that no one has stepped in to attempt and save the film from oblivion???