Around 15 Minutes Missing From "7TH HEAVEN"???

Gagman 66

Around 15 Minutes Missing From "7TH HEAVEN"???

Post by Gagman 66 »

:o Huh? Just browsing around last night, I came across this astonishing revelation regarding Frank Borzage's SEVENTH HEAVEN. Apparently the only 2 prints I have ever seen, 1998 Critics Choice VHS, and the 2003 Region 2 DVD release, are both missing about 15 minutes of footage? I had never heard this before. I wonder if this will be re-instated into the new Fox DVD release? I sure hope so. This is one of my favorite movies ever. So it would be wonderful to see extra sequences that I have never viewed before. Take a look at this astonishing quote from J. D. Heise:
"One caveat: I hope the pre-print of 7TH HEAVEN is complete. The print I've seen from Fox twice before is missing about 15 minutes of footage (mostly the first time the lovers communicate with each other after being separated by war and most of the war footage), so I hope they have fixed this or have gotten MOMA's archival print for this set. I'm crossing my fingers. . ."
:shock: This is quite staggering news to me! Boy, I hope that the extra footage turns up! I still am in total disbelief that SEVENTH HEAVEN is making it to official DVD ahead of THE BIG PARADE! I never would have thought that would happen. Still with any luck, just maybe it will lead to Warner's finally getting something going again themselves? Let's hope so anyway. Once more 2009 does mark the 85th Anniversary of MGM, so I fully anticipate seeing at least a few long awaited releases. How about a nice King Vidor box set? :wink: