LILAC TIME (1928) in Chicago Nov 23rd!

Gagman 66

LILAC TIME (1928) in Chicago Nov 23rd!

Post by Gagman 66 »

:D Wow check out this link. Sounds like a wonderful event. The Colleen Moore Blockbuster LILAC TIME (First National, 1928) with Gary Cooper has a special 80th Annivesary screening on Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 at 2:30 p.m.

http://www.silentfilmchicago.com/SFSCevents.htm

:o I wonder who is providing the print though and if it Is it 35 Millimeter? It doesn't say in this write-up? LILAC TIME is not Public-Domain, and Warner's still owns this movie. I would love to be able to see the film in a complete and quality 35 millimeter presentation! I have been calling for a complete restoration of this picture for years. My understanding is that there was quite a bit more of the Ariel footage in the European release. Yet for years, and years only mediocre truncated 16 Millimeter dupes have been accessible to the public.

:? I have been trying to find out if the synchronized scoring track still survives? As LILAC TIME was not released before the Warner Brothers merger in 1928, it used a different audio process than Vita-phone, but it did have a recorded track, and of course boasted the haunting popular standard "JEANNINE I DREAM OF LILAC TIME".

:roll: While I am excited about the completed restoration of HER WILD OAT (1927) which I haven't seen yet, and hope and pray that they will get to both SYNTHETIC SIN (1928), and WHY BE GOOD? (1929) as soon as possible. LILAC TIME deserves just as much consideration. As does IRENE (1926), since the 2-Strip Technicolor footage still survives! Who wouldn't want to see Colleen Moore's extraordinary dual-color eyes in Technicolor? How amazing would that be?