Captain Salvation (1927) On TCM Tonight!

Gagman 66

Captain Salvation (1927) On TCM Tonight!

Post by Gagman 66 »

:D A late a reminder, CAPTAIN SALVATION (1927) is on TCM Silent Sunday Nights in less than a couple hours! This is in my view one of the best MGM Silents that no one has ever heard of. Or hadn't heard of before TCM premiered it in 2006. Truly an outstanding film!

Wonderful performances from Lars Hanson, Pauline Starke and Marceline Day. I love this movie! What ever you do, don't miss the broadcast. Record this one without fail. TCM hasn't run the picture since 2007. Not until this evening.

Very fine Orchestral score by Philip Carli too. Director John Robertson is almost completely forgotten, but was a famed and well respected film-maker in his day. This film was released on DVD-R by Warner Archive in January. A Warner Archive release thus far anyway, has not resulted in increased airplay for any titles on TCM. At least it is commercially available now. If you have not seen this before, and even if you have it is well worth viewing again.
Mr. Arkadin

Re: Captain Salvation (1927) On TCM Tonight!

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I'm setting up the recorder as I post this. Thanks for the reminder.
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

A jack-in-the-box springs out of the woodwork to ask a favor.

Ahem...

I was a rapt audience member of Captain Salvation's TCM screening this past Sunday when, just before what seemed a climactic moment, the transmission fizzled out. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how the film ended? Lars Hanson had just returned from the ocean voyage with a message from Pauline Starke; the flashback began, he leaned over her deathbed to hear her final words and... What?

With thanks in advance,
Carrie
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Carrie, Liz,

:o Hi. You missed a very powerful and emotion packed ending. This film is available on DVD-R from Warner Archive. It was released in January. I might be able to help you to see the ending though, if you have Dropbox installed on your computer? I can place the last 5 or 6 minutes in the Dropbox folder for you to view. Dropbox is a free program. There are other options, such as Pando, which is also a free download. The file would not be very large. I would need your E-mail address obviously. Send me a PM. Let me know if this is a workable situation. Dropbiox is very simple to use.
feaito

Post by feaito »

This Silent is very entertaining and I enjoyed it very much when I saw it. I'd watch it again anytime.