THE VANISHING AMERICAN (1925) On TCM!

Gagman 66

THE VANISHING AMERICAN (1925) On TCM!

Post by Gagman 66 »

:D Wanted to be sure to mention that despite the late or early hour Wednesday depending upon your perspective, this is in-fact a TCM premier. What's more it is a debut of a brand new never before seen restoration of the film. So for that matter will be The 1920 THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS which will air next week. So set your DVR, or DVD Recorders for these rare broadcasts! While MOHICANS in a previous edition has aired before on TCM many years ago, THE VANISHING AMERICAN has never been shown in any form before. One of the great Westerns of the Silent Era Starring Richard Dix, Lois Wilson, Noah Beery, and Malcolm McGregor. I hope that both will be repeated at much better air times in the near future. In case they are not, you don't want to miss these in any event.

Here is a note from David Shepard on the productions.

"TCM has licensed THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, THE VANISHING AMERICAN and THE SILENT ENEMY from us. THE SILENT ENEMY will be the same lovely version as on the long-out-of-print Milestone DVD, while the other two will be all new. MOHICANS is produced in cooperation with the Cinematheque Francaise. It has all the original English titles, original tints and tones, looks exquisite, and is being scored by Mont Alto. I have never seen lovelier silent era cinematography. THE VANISHING AMERICAN is a new transfer from much nicer material than I used years ago for the Image DVD, and the new score by Eric Beheim is perhaps the best one he has ever done. I hope these will also receive a DVD release in the future but that is still uncertain."

D S

Wednesday Morning May 19th 4:30 AM EDT/3:30 AM CDT. Vanishing American, The (1925) A Native American man returning from college meets racial intolerance upon returning to his reservation. Cast: Richard Dix, Lois Wilson, Noah Beery, Sr. Dir: George B. Seitz. BW-109 mins, TV-G

Wednesday Morning May 25, 3:45 AM EDT/2:45 CDT. Last of the Mohicans, The (1920) In this silent film, an Indian guide tries to help two sisters caught up in the French and Indian War. Cast: Wallace Beery, Barbara Bedford, Alan Roscoe. Dir: Maurice Tourneur, Clarence Brown. BW-73 mins, TV-G
MichiganJ

Re: THE VANISHING AMERICAN (1925) On TCM!

Post by MichiganJ »

Thanks for the reminder, Jeffrey.
I just saw that The Silent Enemy is also scheduled for May 27th at 2:15 am. Haven't seen that one but it looks good, too.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS