Blood Money 1933 w/Francis Dee FMC 9/8/07

Jezebel38

Blood Money 1933 w/Francis Dee FMC 9/8/07

Post by Jezebel38 »

Yowzza! I was just scanning the online schedule for Fox Movie Channel and found this precode listed to play 9/8/07. Anyone seen it? I think it was playing recently at a Film Forum festival. I wonder if it is as tawdry as Story of Temple Drake? Gee - 1933 must be one of my favorite years!
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

I have a hard time believing anything could be as tawdry as Temple Drake, but this looks like a goodie. I wonder if we'll be seeing more Fox pre-codes?
benwhowell

Sanctuary

Post by benwhowell »

I really need to get FMC...I'm missing out on some great movies.
"Blood Money" was Dame Judith Anderson's first film.
It looks like 1933 was a great year for Frances Dee...with seven movies released-including "One Man's Journey," (one of the lost movies recently showcased on TCM) William Beaudine's "The Crime Of The Century," "King Of The Jungle" with Buster Crabbe! and she played Meg in "Little Women." That would be a terrific DVD box set!
As a fan of (fellow southerners) William Faulkner and Miriam Hopkins, I would love to see "The Story Of Temple Drake." Does anyone know where the movie was filmed? I've read there is a scene(s) in an antebellum mansion-common in my old neck of the woods (and Faulkner's)-Mississippi. As a matter of fact, Faulkner died in a "sanitorium" near my high school in Byhalia, Mississippi.
Miriam has a couple of movies coming up on TCM-"The Chase"(on Jane Fonda Day) and "Woman Chases Man" with Joel McCrea (on Broderick Crawford Day.)