Gone With The Wind, a top West-End Musical

stuart.uk

Gone With The Wind, a top West-End Musical

Post by stuart.uk »

here's a link about the highly acclaimed musical Gone With The Wind

Gone With The Wind * Home
The official website for GONE WITH THE WIND, the landmark new musical, directed by Trevor Nunn, at the New London Theatre. Find out more and buy tickets.

www.gwtwthemusical.com · Cached page
Metry_Road

Gone With The Crirics

Post by Metry_Road »

Well, Stuart, I read the London reviews of the show, and the critics hate it. However, the opinions of critics and critical opinions are notoriously unreliable. The final word will be that of the paying customers (as it should be), and success or lack of success at the box office. I would certainly go see it just out of curiosity. At nearly four hours long I’d bring a packed lunch and a cushion.

Even if it is moderately successful, it will be scooped up by Hollywood and made into a movie. Hollywood ran out of original ideas long ago, and are living on formula and re-hash. After all, Hollywood is not about making movies. It’s about making MONEY.

Best Wishes
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

You can't improve of perfection, even if you put music to it.

The guy playing Rhett, nice guy though he is, does not exude the sex appeal of a Clark Gable. That to me makes the character of Rhett fail.

But hey, I'm no test of what's popular. If it was up to me music, fashion, TV and films would be very different.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Yes, the press have been pretty savage, especially about the length. Though I think sometimes they go overboard, there just aren't the same kind of people around for these roles, no way. At least not at so young an age as these performers---they have never lived whereas Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh had LIVED, LIVED, LIVED already by the time they took on these roles.
drednm

Post by drednm »

Is this a revival of a show that played in the 60s or 70s? Bessie Love played Aunt Pittypat in a musical GONE WITH THE WIND in London like 40 years ago....
Vienna

Re: Gone With The Wind, a top West-End Musical

Post by Vienna »

I saw the London stage musical version of GONE WITH THE WIND in the 60s or early 70s. Dont remember much about it except June Ritchie played Scarlett. I don't think the score was memorable. Bad idea anyway.