What fresh hell..?

traceyk

What fresh hell..?

Post by traceyk »

Speaking of really bad ideas, I read today that someone's planning to make a musical version of Harry Potter! Now, I love HP, but that's going too far.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
SSO Admins
Administrator

Re: What fresh hell..?

Post by SSO Admins »

traceyk wrote:Speaking of really bad ideas, I read today that someone's planning to make a musical version of Harry Potter! Now, I love HP, but that's going too far.
It'll probably never happen. They'll get stuck trying to find something that rhymes with horcrux.
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

Since this seems to be the "bad idea" thread--has anyone else heard the rumors to remake "The Wizard of Oz" with Natalie Portman in the lead role?

I'm not a fan of the original (two words: flying monkeys), but is that all Hollywood does these days? Churn out the remakes? Ugh.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
knitwit45

Flying Monkeys

Post by knitwit45 »

SP, do they affect you that way too? I cannot watch those scenes with the monkeys, they still give me the absolute HEEBIE-JEEBIES!!!!! Even the last scene, when they bow down to Dorothy, freed from the magic spell, they totally creep me out.

Sure glad to know I'm not alone in this!

Nancy
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I just covered my eyes when the flying monkeys were on screen. It was the live apple trees that spooked me! I could've used some of the Cowardly Lion's courage.
benwhowell

"What hump?"

Post by benwhowell »

I'm getting annoyed by this "movie to Broadway musical to movie musical" trend. "Young Frankenstein" is now a stage musical which opened in Seattle-before moving to Broadway(?) (What happened to the Shubert Theatre in New Haven?)
http://www.youngfrankensteinthemusical.com/
I bet we see "Young Frankenstein The Musical" in movie theatres Christmas, 2008.
Moraldo Rubini

Re: "What hump?"

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

benwhowell wrote:I'm getting annoyed by this "movie to Broadway musical to movie musical" trend. "Young Frankenstein" is now a stage musical which opened in Seattle-before moving to Broadway(?) (What happened to the Shubert Theatre in New Haven?)
Not me, I'm lovin' the trend. I hope to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway eventually, and imagine I'll be rooting for it's screen appearance too. I missed The Producers musical (both on stage and in the theatres), but anything that revives the genre -- I'm for.

As for New Haven's being relegated to a lower position on the try-out trail; well, maybe I'm just selfish, but I'm lovin' all these west coast try-outs! San Francisco's seen the pre-Broadway La Boheme and Wicked among many others. Bring it on!