Essentials for a Snowy Day

sandykaypax

Re: Essentials for a Snowy Day

Post by sandykaypax »

I LOVE Barbara Cook! I had a cassette tape of her album "It's Better with a Band" back in the olden times. Such a pretty voice. I was lucky enough to be in production of She Loves Me a couple of years ago, but I played Miss Ritter, not Amalia. My ingenue days are over, lol!

We've had a bit of snow here in Northeast Ohio this past week, so I snuggled up with one of my holiday favorites--Desk Set. I guess it's really a romantic comedy, but a large chunk of the film takes place at Christmas, so I usually watch it around this time of year. There are several points in the film where Katharine Hepburn and Joan Blondell seem genuinely delighted by Spencer Tracy, that I imagine I'm catching a glimpse their real personalities.

On snowy days I like to watch films with snowy scenes like Top Hat, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Magnificent Ambersons, Doctor Zhivago.

Sandy K
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Desk Set is a big favorite of mine too, Sandy. I agree about Joan and Kate - I would never dream of putting them together in a movie, but they really click. It's perfect on New Year's Eve too.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Kate's reaction to Spencer's "drunk" act is priceless. She is genuinely broken up by his antics. Just love that movie!