Lieberman - Kyl Amendment

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Lieberman - Kyl Amendment

Post by ken123 »

Passed the Senate Wednesday. Does this non - binding amendment this Pesident Bush the authority to order military actions against Iran.? I am sure that the President will see that way. :cry:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ If you want to get any responses, you either need to post a link to a news story, or explain what's going on yourself.

Not all of us are glued to CNN 24/7. ;)
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

If Bush invades Iran, then we will definitely have World War III....
Iran is solidly Shiitte and not divided like Iraq, with Shiitte, Sunni and Kurds. And Bush has created a real mess in Iraq; the Iranian aren't going to allow him to do that to them....
And, Iran has a very powerful Army, Navy and Air Force.

One thing sure, there will be a thousand times more dead American Service people than with Iraq.

Woe unto us all if Bush baby has his way.

Larry
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ Ah! But he says it will be no problem. Just a few air strikes and it will be over with. Terrorism will be eliminated and the world will be a safer place.

You know - just like he said about Iraq. :roll:
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
Erebus

Post by Erebus »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi,

If Bush invades Iran, then we will definitely have World War III....
I think there is no chance America will "invade" Iran in the usual sense of the term, but there is a decent possibility that over the next six months there could be a 48 hour period of hundreds of bomber and missile sorties designed to reduce Iran's military infrastructure to a level roughly equivalent to that of its metaphysical development. If that is to happen, I certainly hope we don't offer much warning, but as it is that may not be an issue: http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/An ... Iran.shtml

" "Everyone in the government and military can only talk of one thing,' he reports. 'No matter who I talked to, all they could do was ask me, over and over again, 'Do you think the Americans will attack us?' 'When will the Americans attack us?' 'Will the Americans attack us in a joint operation with the Israelis?' How massive will the attack be?' on and on, endlessly. The Iranians are in a state of total panic.'

And that was before September 6. Since then, it's panic-squared in Tehran. " [snip]

What happens will depend upon the degree of Iranian sabre rattling, and how many more "Improvised Explosive Devices" we find in Iraq and Afghanistan labelled "Made in Iran".