Image Image

"Betty Boop's Hallowe'en Party"
[youtube][/youtube]

Handsome Johnny Eck
jdb1

Re: The Many Faces Of Mia...

Post by jdb1 »

jdb1 wrote:
benwhowell wrote:That's funny that you mention Mia looking like Sinatra, Judith. She's somewhat of a "chameleon." She looked like Woody Allen when they were together...and Ryan O'Neal during "Peyton Place." Freaky!
As for this (Vidal Sassoon) "haircut-"Did it come before or after receiving her divorce papers from Sinatra...on the set of "Rosemary's Baby?"
As I recall it, she cut her hair while appearing on Peyton Place. That would have been about '64-'65. She and her pal Liza Minnelli both got trendy short cuts around that time. I kept mine long for several years longer - when Mary Tyler Moore cut hers, I cut mine, too.

I agree about Mia's ability to blend with her companion - I noticed that as well, and I've noticed that these days she's looking very much like the primary man in her life, her son Seamus (formerly Satchel).
benwhowell

The eyes have it...

Post by benwhowell »

When Halloween Is Keane...Margaret, that is...
http://www.keane-eyes.com/

I don't know why I have this recent obsession with "eyes?" Maybe it's because "they are the windows to the soul." :twisted:
I watched "White Zombie" last night. Lots of great close ups and extreme close ups of "eyes."
I think it would be fun and freaky to spend some time in Margaret Keane's SF gallery on Halloween day. What BIG EYES you have! :shock:
Oh, well, at least I have this great site...

NOTE: Video edited out by pktrekgirl as it was quite graphic and was quite disturbing to some posters.

The following is a link to the video - PLEASE follow this link at your own risk....and by NO means if you have a weak stomach.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa23 ... allge9.gif

Guys, let's be cognizant of others and try to remember that not everyone can watch everything. If you have a video that might not be for the weak-stomached, please post a link at MOST so that others will not be forced to watch it, simply by opening the thread. Thanks! :)
Handsome Johnny Eck
benwhowell

No flies were actually harmed...

Post by benwhowell »

Well, I guess I won't be posting that "snuff movie" I had lined up... :evil:
How 'bout "The Cobweb Hotel" instead?
[youtube][/youtube]
Handsome Johnny Eck
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

It's great to be reminded that there are places where Halloween is just regarded as a fun holiday.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where Halloween is regarded with suspicion by many people, and there are efforts to call it "Halleujah Night" with "Judgment Houses" instead of haunted houses. When you have to be careful about who you talk to about Halloween, it takes a lot of fun out of the evening.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

^ You must live in the South. :lol:

I know the feeling. ;)
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

MikeBSG wrote:It's great to be reminded that there are places where Halloween is just regarded as a fun holiday.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where Halloween is regarded with suspicion by many people, and there are efforts to call it "Halleujah Night" with "Judgment Houses" instead of haunted houses. When you have to be careful about who you talk to about Halloween, it takes a lot of fun out of the evening.
Mike, I thought you lived in Cleveland, Ohio...am I living in another part of town? because there is still trick or treating going in my corner of northeast Ohio.

Sandy K
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

I grew up in Cleveland but left around 1990, although I still get back for visits from time to time. I lived in Kansas for about a year and then I moved to Virginia.

Now that I think about it, Kansas was really the only place I saw people really decorate in a big way for Halloween. In Cleveland, people would stuff an old shirt and pants with leaves and make a "dummy" to leave in the front lawn.
benwhowell

"It's a wonderful night for eyebrows."

Post by benwhowell »

Mike, that reminds me of an episode of "King Of The Hill" with Sally Field voicing an anti-Halloween character "persuading the youth" of (fictional) Arlen, TX to spend Halloween in her "Judgement-type House" . ("Hilloween" 1997.) Dale Gribble had a great line in that episode-explaining his costume-"I am a high-priced Washington lobbyist peddling influence. Who wants candy?" Great show!

There's always gonna be (at least) "one bad apple" (pardon the pun) trying to spoil the whole bunch...justifying it one way or another.
I like to have FUN...and Halloween is a FUN holiday. I'm sure it probably is a "religious" holiday for some...and the last time I checked-we do have freedom of "religion." Right?

Anyway, for all those Halloween detractors-here's a rare (Emmy winning) animated TV special from 1977 written by Dr. Seuss...This time Hans Conried narrates and does the title character voice in-
"Halloween Is Grinch Night"

Part 1
[youtube][/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube][/youtube]

Part 3
[youtube][/youtube]
Handsome Johnny Eck
klondike

Post by klondike »

At our house, this is the time of year for the Return of CROOKJACK.
I don't exactly recall all the details (who'm I kidding, I don't recall most of the details at all), but I think Crookjack might have gotten generated by the wife & I back when our kids were all wee bairns (of stairstep sizes), and we were church-mouse broke, but still wanted to try imparting the shivery, Pagan delight of All Hallows' Eve to them, so we cooked up an idea for a tall, poseable stick-figure effigy, dressed in hobo/zombie cast-offs which had been stuffed-out with staw, and finished off with cartoonish gloves and a gruesomely carved jack o'lantern for a head . . we gave him the name "Crookjack" to suggest that he was well-known to our family/community, and that it was our household's special responsibilty to rebuild his body every year, so he could move about on dark, windy nights (until the dawn of November 1st), haunting and scaring and stalking the people in our neighborhood . .
Well, kids being kids, they ate this malarkey up with a spoon, and since then it's "grown" a little every year; now that my kids are all adults with their own kids, the old stories are getting expanded, and embellished, and the little kids all jump & squeal at the mention of "Crookjack Saturday" (yup, the ol' bastid's got his own dang day now!), and the "re-assembly" is now an excuse for the year's last barbecue, and a game or 2 of touch football, and leaf fights for the little cousins, and general merriment, climaxing with the uncles mounting the resuscitated Crookjack on the railing of our 2nd-storey porch . . .
And Nah & Poppy sit back, and grin & shrug & sigh: "What in the world did we start?!"
benwhowell

Festivus...

Post by benwhowell »

"CROOKJACK" sounds like fun, klondike.
My brother and sister-in-law and neice and nephew (both in college now) do not "celebrate" traditional holidays. They invent their own! I remember calling them last year on the day after Christmas. I asked my brother about their Christmas. He said they didn't really celebrate Christmas anymore. (I can't imagine that...It's my fave holiday season!) He said with all their various "schedule conflicts," they simply invent a holiday when they are all able to spend an entire day together. That day just happened to be one of those occasions. I can't remember the "holiday," but it involved a day at the zoo and "comfort food" in some coffee shop.
Handsome Johnny Eck