Where are you? Posters MIA

Chit-chat, current events
sandykaypax

Where are you? Posters MIA

Post by sandykaypax »

I haven't seen any posts for a loooong time by bobhopefan (Danielle) and benwhowell. Where are you? I miss you guys.

Also, where is SueSueApplegate? And vecchiolarry?

Anyone heard from any of these fine folks?

Sandy K
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

SueSue has posted in the the last week or so. Larry is gone. Larry got upset about the server crash. I corresponded with him once and he (for the time being) isn't participating.

You can access someone's post by going to the memberlist at the top of the page and then their name. You can get a list of posts by them.

One other I can give you an update on is Danny (bobhopefan1940.) She is working herself silly in school. Her own computer crashed and hasn't been able to replace it. The system at school won't let her access here or TCM. She is well and hoping to rectify everything so she can visit again.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Too bad we've lost these valuable posters. And what a shame about the mix-up with Larry. I was a little surprised by the vehemence of his reaction - I hope he will reconsider and come back to us. His insider insights are so fascinating and such fun, and he always had worthwhile opinions.

Please come back MIAs. We miss you and we value your input.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

And on top of what Judith said, we want your VOTES! You missing posters have a vast film knowledge that needs to be counted in our assembled outcomes! These match-ups need your attention!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

jdb1 wrote:Too bad we've lost these valuable posters. And what a shame about the mix-up with Larry. I was a little surprised by the vehemence of his reaction - I hope he will reconsider and come back to us. His insider insights are so fascinating and such fun, and he always had worthwhile opinions.
I explained the situation to him in both private message and email. I guess he wasn't satisfied with that. It's a shame, really.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I wanted to give everyone an update on BenWHowell as well. He does not have a home computer and his boss relocated him from the small florist shop near his home where he basically ran the place and took care of business to the larger shop across town.

He is not able to access the web from the new shop. I am hoping he is able to get a home computer soon and come back to us.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

Lynn - thanks for the update about BenHowell - I was wondering about him. The only thing I don't miss about Ben is seeing the sight of Johnny Eck creeping up on us.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I have reason to believe that Larry still reads both this board and the TCM message board, (when it's running, that is). I think that Christy (Sue Sue) is very busy with work and life right now, as I suspect many of us are or will be during the holidays. Let's face it, many of us have end of year projects, family and friends to see, and just too much of everything going on in December!
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Thanks for your replies, everyone! It's good to know that folks are still in touch with Danny, benwhowell, Larry and Christy.

That's really a shame about Larry. I miss his posts.

Sandy K
melwalton

Larry

Post by melwalton »

All
I don't underatand about Larry. When the crash occured, Jondaris was a great help to me as was Miss G. They got me straightened out fine. Thanks again Jon and Miss G; ..... mel
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

I sent a PM to Larry with regard to the server crash and tried to smooth his ruffled feathers as diplomatically as I could but I never received a reply from him. I don't know why he took it so hard. Several of us explained to him that it wasn't anything personal that his posting was lost and he could have easily resubmitted it. I'm lost for an explanation as to why he took it the way he did. His postings were always well thought out and added a good deal to the threads. Hopefully he'll decide to rejoin us at some point in the future.

As always,

Hollis
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Anyone heard from Beda (pktrekgirl)?
Chris

benwhowell

Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow

Post by benwhowell »

Season's Greetings, Everyone!!
I've missed you all. Thanks for the "MIA" query, Sandy. :D
My "little shop of horrors" was sold-cutting off my "high speed digital" internet connection. I remained at the shop with the new owner to help her get established. She turned out to be quite the psycho...and closed the doors earlier this month...leaving me, alas, unemployed for the holidays. Just your average Lifetime Christmas movie (not shot in Canada.)
I do have webtv at home. It's ok for e mail and Amazon.com, but very hard to maneuver around the internet and very limited. No more YouTube, etc.
Sorry about Mr. Eck wearing out his welcome, Jez. He was only intended to hang around for a week in October. I planned on different avatars each week that month. I had a really cool "Sunset Boulevard" avatar for Halloween week-which would have remained until Christmas. I can't figure out how to change my avatar with webtv...
I have SO MANY posts to catch up on. It's been difficult for me to make the time to get on the internet at home...There always seems to be something else requiring my time...despite having a lot of spare time lately.
Chris (SueSue) called me to tell me about Lynn's dad. She's got a lot of "stuff" going on, so she probably doesn't have any "spare" time.
It really means a lot to me to hear about and read inquiries about my whereabouts. I do think about you guys often. I hope I'm not being too "sappy." I blame it on the holidays. They really bring out my "sensitive" side. I had plans for a fabulous Christmas thread. Maybe next year...
"Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us once more..."
Happy to be back.
Your pal,
Ben
Handsome Johnny Eck
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

We're so glad to have you back. Your departure was sudden enough to cause some concern, for me at least. Your employment status notwithstanding it is nice you seem well.

Good luck on your job hunt.

"It's so nice to see you back where you belong!"
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome Home, Ben. Except for "him", you have been truly missed!!!

Nancy