'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
ChiO

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by ChiO »

Superstorm Arnold Stang
Surpassed in magnitude only by SuperDuper MegaStorm Timothy Carey.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

And Superduper surpassed only by the MotherofallStorms, Ann Savage....
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! Those really would be something! Imagine if they met over the mid Atlantic....

http://www.freesound.org/people/Erdie/sounds/24003/
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Super Storm Donald Meek wreaked havoc on Kansas City, Missouri today.
"Kansas City, Kansas, brother!"

I've noticed some robins this winter too, Wendy. I'm not sure if this is unusual or not. I never thought about it. It sure seems cold for their kind!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Funny you should mention KC KS & KC MO....we are supposed to have a huge storm hit us tonight...those robins I've been seeing better hide!!!
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

JackFavell wrote:...I think global warming has created a strain or race of super robins, who can withstand abnormally low temps in the winter and will eventually take over the world.
If you think Paddy was prescient...what about Hitchcock? He already directed "THE BIRDS." Global warming? Heh. We don't have to worry about that. Luckily it doesn't exist. :roll:

I laugh at Super Storm Hans Conreid, Donald Meek and Arnold Stang. I scoff at Ann Savage ( though I simultaneously admire and fear her. ) SuperDuperMotherOfAll Timothy Careys don't scare me none. The storm that should put terror in your hearts is:

Yes, SuperSon0fASeafaringNeptuneStorm Percy Helton scares the bejeesus outta me. Click on the photo. Look at the storm in action. A tall blonde giraffe of a woman knows SuperStorm Percy Helton is on his way. Does she batten down the hatches? Hide in the cellar? Head for high ground?? :shock: Heck no. She stretches out her six foot giraffe frame and size 10 feet on a chair, takes a swig of liquor right outta the bottle, and smokes a cigarette. She has her record player playing a tune. Geeeez, she doesn't even close her door. And there comes SSOASNS Percy Helton. First he comes smiling like sunshine; lulling her into a sense of false security. And then he'll strike. You have to click onto Part 6 of 6 to really see SuperSon0fASeafaringNeptune Storm Percy Helton swirl all over her as a cheap suit. Whew!! What a sight. What a storm! If you're up to it, you'll see her jump into the arms of Richard Egan which may or may not be preferable to Percy Helton. ( I prefer Richard Egan. )

If the weather report tells you Percy Helton's coming, you'd better run if you know what's good for you. Especially you gals.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! Red that's so perfect! "Kansas City Kansas, brother"! You are really quick on the uptake.

Batten down the hatches, knitty!

As for SupersonofaseafaringstormPercy - ewwwwwwwww! You are right, he's got Donald, Arnold, Timothy and Ann beat.

You know what? You could get a room for 6 dollars. In Devil Thumbs a Ride they filled up the gas tank for 3 dollars. :shock: :shock: :shock: Now THAT'S SCARY.

P.S. Watch out for those gals with record players. That's code for ...well, I'm too much of a lady to say.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

P.S. Say...does that mean I should I throw away my record player???

When my family used to go to Coney Island, my father would fill up the gas tank of his '59 Chevy telling the attendant: "Fill her up. $2.00 Regular."

How the hell old am I anyway. :evil:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The gas station down on Main Street in Mystic (it's no longer there), I'm told had a big marble jar in the front. If your parents filled up the tank, you could go and pull out as many marbles as would fill one hand. That's probably not too many for the average kid, but still.... I don't see no marbles at the gas station nowadays. I think if you filled up your tank today, there'd probably be a parade...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

As a kid, I would buy gas for the lawn mower. 28 cents a gallon! Seems that was the price for quite a while. How the Hell old am I?

Ha! Red that's so perfect! "Kansas City Kansas, brother"!

I'm glad you recognize that line from STAGECOACH. I adore Donald Meek! For years, he was simply, "That funny guy I like." I could never remember his name!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

He's wonderful, and one of the few character actors I've always been able to recognize right off, since I was little - I think because his name described him so perfectly. He's a big favorite of mine, and my estimation of him has only gone up over the years. I find better and better performances from him as I see more classic films. He's a giant now in my eyes.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

There's no way Meek is his real name. That's just too perfect.
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

knitwit45 wrote:Funny you should mention KC KS & KC MO
How are things on your end of town, neighbor?????? Its a huge mess over on our side of the stateline for sure. Just about to head out and see if I can find any pavement under all that white stuff.. what little we did shovel (very little) out on the back deck just so we could get the door open to let the dog out is WAY covered up again now. Alas.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

:D
Last edited by knitwit45 on February 21st, 2013, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I can't get my front door open yet, but then I am in NO hurry to go out anyway. Not sure if the driveway is still there :shock: :shock:
Red, that line from Donald Meek in Stagecoach is really an inside joke. People in KC KS are extremely sensitive that one doesn't confuse the two cities. KC MO people forget there are two of them. :)

And to add to the cabin fever....the sound on my tv has gone away. I can practically hear it snow, it's so quiet here! :roll: