'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! Those pics are just great, Ro! I LOVE the snow angel one.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

With 3 inches and no end in sight, I just returned from Round 1 of my glamorous (or is it glamourous?) job as official Shoveler of White Powdery Precipitation.

Knitty, I am authorized to inform you that, indeed, it is wet and heavy.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Be careful shoveling! Don't pull any muscles or injure yourself!
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

One more snow pic for you Jackie.. just to give you a perspective. This is the "pile' from shoveling last week and this week.. and all this snow is just what was in front of the back door on our deck. (that building that you are looking at is a big storage shed that faces the back door.. so the whole deck is sort of "enclosed except on the South end.. and makes for a HUGE snow pit when you can't get it shoveled off. ha. As you can imagine.. there's a LOT of this stuff piled up..everywhere. ha. We may finally be all melted off and thawed out by July.. maybe. :D

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh! That may be even higher than the four foot heights we reached after shoveling!

Weird, we have the exact same sled.
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

JackFavell wrote:Weird, we have the exact same sled.
Ha.. I bet we don't. That thing is the bane of my existence. ha. It is HUGE.. a big ole (OLD) 14X40 metal building from way back in the 1970's and it is UHHH-GLY ha. It sort of "came with the house" and we just have never done much to get rid of it. The inside is not really in very good shape any more, but it does have electricity. We THOUGHT we might turn it into a "fun room" for the kidling but it really is just not in good enough shape.. so we just store junk out there.. old furniture and a few boxes. etc. Someday it has to come down.. but oh me.. that will be a big project as it is really a "fixture" out back, so to speak. We'll have to save that one for another day.. ha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am editing my post becaue I just realized.. you said SLED instead of SHED!! ha. (now THAT I can believe) :lol: :oops: :lol:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hahahahahaha! That's hilarious! You must REALLY want to get rid of that thing, it's on your mind. :D :D
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Love the backwoods with the snow on the trees Ro. Gosh. OMG, I can't even breathe thinking of something like that happening in NY. Please be careful. ( I do have an urge to dive off your back porch into the yard, though.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Although it kept snowing and snowing and snowing after I shoveled, there's maybe an additional 1/8 to 1/4 inch of accumulation and now it's stopped. I guess there's only one explanation...

The clean thoughts, livin' and politics here in the City on the Lake.

I hate to think what you folks on the Plains and in the Northeast must be doing.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

rohanaka wrote:One more snow pic for you Jackie.. just to give you a perspective. This is the "pile' from shoveling last week and this week.. and all this snow is just what was in front of the back door on our deck. (that building that you are looking at is a big storage shed that faces the back door.. so the whole deck is sort of "enclosed except on the South end.. and makes for a HUGE snow pit when you can't get it shoveled off. ha. As you can imagine.. there's a LOT of this stuff piled up..everywhere. ha. We may finally be all melted off and thawed out by July.. maybe. :D

Thanks for posting that incredible photo ... rohanaka.
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Glad you enjoyed the picture, Kingme. I just feel sorry for my poor husband.. ha. HE is the one who had to dig all that snow out from in front of the door and pile it up there.. twice. :roll:

Meanwhile.. Miss Maven... ha.. it DOES look a bit like we are in the backwoods.. but really just in the backyard. Come on over and dive off the back deck any time, ha (at leasat while the snow is still there!) That pic w/ the QT and the Kidling making snow angels is just about the spot you would land. :D
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I so enjoyed your photos, rohanaka, and I'm glad you all are safe! :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The clean thoughts, livin' and politics here in the City on the Lake.

Ro - I'm so glad you made it without a power outage. I'm coming over for the diving too!

I hope Nan is OK too...
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u][color=#FF0000]C[/color][color=#0000FF]h[/color][color=#804080]i[/color][color=#800000]O[/color][/u] wrote:The clean thoughts, livin' and politics here in the City on the Lake.
And my congratulations to Robin Kelly. Give 'em hell Robin!

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

ChiO - How ARE you out there? I just heard on the weather that Chicago is getting four to six inches of snow; that you're having a winter storm out there How ARE you?!