'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

Hahahahaha! I don't know! I wish I did! It's harder when you are inside your own life. :D :D :D :D
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

:) :D :lol: :wink:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I hit

87 Degrees

Today ... Record High Temperature for Emerald City!
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

The weather has gone haywire. Following a cyclone in April we now have the wettest May in 27 years, and it is only 11th. The temperature is cooling down a bit, with an predicted top of 28 Deg (82 F).
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Tornado in Oklahoma City. It looks devastating. :-(
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I think it hit Moore, OK. again, the town was obliterated in 1999 by tornadoes. Gosh, I feel so bad for these people! Moore is just the most tiny postage stamp town anyway, and to have this happen again? Well, it's just awful.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

One headline has 50 dead.

One picture has blocks of streets where once stood homes there is now nothing. I mean nothing but driveways.

Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I just wanted to log on to say how sorry I am that the US has suffered another tragedy. 90 dead our news is saying, it seems you've reeled from one tragedy to another since before xmas. My thoughts and prayers are with the bereaved and wounded and with all my dear friends here.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

One of the spokesmen said that the schools were the strongest buildings in the area, that everyone did everything they were supposed to... and still, nothing in this monster tornado's path would have been safe. It stayed on the ground for 40 minutes, which to me is unheard of, and cut a path 20 miles long and 2 miles wide. The teachers saved many children by shielding them with their own bodies. My heart is with these people.

I lived just down the road apiece in Norman, no more than 5 or 10 miles away and somehow that town has been spared. I saw on the news many people from Norman making their way to Moore to help out last night. It just breaks my heart that kids once again are in the news. There are no words to say how awful it is for one town to lose all it's most precious loved ones. No words.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

One of the most stirring things about this tragedy is the response of survivors. Last night a line of cars 3 MILES long formed, filled with volunteers, people donating time, food, clothing and money, waiting patiently, hoping to help. That's a part of what defines 'being an American' means to me. People helping people.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You've got that so right, Nan. Glad our Texas, Kansas, and Illinois SSO folks, anyone in the surrounding areas are OK.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I am still speechless of the tragedy of the Oklahoma Tornado ... any tornado that is a mile wide of destruction going around 175-200 Mph is a force to be reckon with. When, I heard that from my brother yesterday - I was stunned and horrified seeing the impact of what's going on in Oklahoma and I equally sad that 50 plus people lost their lives. I am truly happy that people are helping people and whatever we can ... will count as goodwill to all of us that are affected by it.

My mind is numb now ...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

So very sad. I saw footage of a weather expert telling people, "If you don't have an underground shelter, get in your car and GET OUT OF HERE! Right now. The usual protocol will not be sufficient." One newscaster said she had never heard anybody say that before.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It's all over the news here, it's awful, I can't comprehend what it must be like to be devastated like that. My heart truly goes out to the victims.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Larry:

I hope you are safe from the flooding. Take care.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."