'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
knitwit45

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by knitwit45 »

We're having mid 60's temps, fair skies and mild breezes today. Tomorrow it starts the same, then temperatures plunge to the 30's, and Saturday, the first day of Spring.... an 80% chance for snow.

WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :roll: :roll: :roll:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Here in Baltimore we are supposed to be in the low 70s by weekend. Dare I hope that Spring may have arrived? I will hold off as I only expect disappointment.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

It's gee-o-gorgeous here in NYC, and has been since yesterday. We should see temperatures near 70 for the rest of the week and weekend.

And the City is filling up with tourists already. I wish the City would designate "Tourist Lanes," just like they designate bus/bike/fire lanes. NYC ain't no resort -- we can't have awestruck visitors meandering around the sidewalks while the rest of us are trying to work for a living. Drives me nuts. And is NYC the only place in on the planet where people line up to the right? It would seem so - it appears to be an alien concept to our visitors, no matter where they hail from. It's like streetsful of random atomic particles milling around every whichway. Sheesh!

Oh well. At least the spring flowers are starting to come up.
patful

Post by patful »

Over two weeks of temps in the 60's, and I am bummed that it's supposed to be in the 40's Saturday with a chance of snow. Just one day, then back to the 60's. Where'd that come from?
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

we've had 3 70 degree days in a row - of course I had to work.

Nancy - You hold that %&^(*)()_^%$#%% weather back OR ELSE..................
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: or else what??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

gulp..at least my snow shovel is still out on the deck...gulp....I'll do my best Ms. B....gulp.......
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

OR ELSE.... I'm jumping in the car, driving through the front and hoping to land on the other side of it at your doorstep. So either hold that weather back, or get a really big pile of DVDs ready...

Actually, now they're saying cold rain, but not actually freezing here.
Are you in good with the gods?
(I've been reading Percy Jackson The Lightning Thief so I'm on a myth binge right now.)

Have a great weekend, my friend.
B
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

well, it's raining like a sonofagun right now (10:30 pm) and it's 30 degrees. It was 64 at 3:30. The wind is really blowing the rain around, and the weather people here are concerned that it will be a wet, heavy snow, with accumulations of 6-8 inches. sigh. The good news is, it's the weekend, I DO have a huge stack of DVD's to go thru (thanks to Wendy, Alison, & Mish) and I am stocked on Diet Coke, Chocolate, pizza, yarn & t.p. :wink: :wink: . So put on those boots, fire up ol' Betsy, and come on over!!!!!
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Judith,
When I read about your trying to navigate around the tourists I can just picture us as our avatars, passing on the streets of New York. You, focused and determined; me, distracted and flighty! If we pass each other, you'll probably have to make sure I see you. Then we can duck in somewhere for a cocktail.
Birdy
klondike

Post by klondike »

Birdy wrote:Judith,
When I read about your trying to navigate around the tourists I can just picture us as our avatars, passing on the streets of New York. You, focused and determined; me, distracted and flighty! If we pass each other, you'll probably have to make sure I see you. Then we can duck in somewhere for a cocktail.
Birdy
If I know our Judith, it would be someplace that Margo Channing would go, and nothing less!
8)
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

Well Neighbor Nancy... we have AT LEAST 5 inches of snow right... and it is still coming down. (What's it like on YOUR side of the old state line, missy?)

OH Gee.. First Day of Spring my EYE... (The way it looks here..it is just another date on the CALENDAR) blech. :x

To make matters worse... the kidling was up until 4 am w/ a nasty tummy bug. The poor thing... she NEVER does that, so it was very upsetting to her. She seems somewhat better today. I think it was just the tail end to a really nasty cold (and cough) she had earlier in the week. No fever and her tummy seems more settled now... but aside from all the drama of her being sick in the night... of course what did she eat for dessert last night?? Cherry pie. Ugh.. I won't give you TOO many details... but I am googling "carpet stain" cure-alls to see what we can do about it. (oh gee.. I should be in the whiny thread... sorry folks)

Hope the rest of you are faring a bit better.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hi Ro.
It's still snowing here, probably closer to 7 inches than 6, it's mainly on the grassy areas, the streets have been plowed, but it was hardly necessary...anyway so far. It's supposed to snow all night, (since at least 11:30 last night) and then we're to have mid sixties by Weds. Don't ya just love spring?

Sorry about the kidlit. When little ones are sick, they put their whole being into it, don't they? Cherry pie, huh? yikes. Good luck!!!!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

klondike wrote:
Birdy wrote:Judith,
Birdy
If I know our Judith, it would be someplace that Margo Channing would go, and nothing less!
8)
Darlings,

Meet me at the Pierre at 5 - pink ladies and zombies all around!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

white gloves or black?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Gosh, I hate to say it was 70 degrees out today and gorgeous! We were outside all day. Tomorrow it will drop ten degrees and by Monday we will have 40 degree temps agin. I expect freezing weather to be here by the end of the week.

Ro - I hope the kidling is all better.... Oxy is good for getting stains out that won 't come out any other way. Try to let it sit on the stain for awhile or soak it.

Birdy - is your avatar Ruth Chatterton, or someone else?