'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
RedRiver

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by RedRiver »

All is well In my riverside corner of Kentucky, but it was close. Tornadoes to the north and south! My little dog was scared, but she did a great job. We took shelter mostly for her benefit!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

RedRiver wrote:All is well In my riverside corner of Kentucky, but it was close. Tornadoes to the north and south! My little dog was scared, but she did a great job. We took shelter mostly for her benefit!
I'm so glad you're okay. I actually think the fear that animals manifest at times is a good part about having them in our lives. They know when something is amiss. Poor Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Alabama, Georgia, and other areas seem to have gone through hell in the last few days. I hope that everyone has a quieter night.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Everyone ... stay safe and sound ... I understand what all of you experiencing these days ... I watched the news this afternoon and could not believe the sights and sounds of all this.

I will be thinking of all of you!

Keep us posted ...
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Holy smokes, what the heck is going on out there! I am so glad you are all safe.

Red, what kind of doggie do you have? I agree with Moira, they are very sensitive to weather changes, and that's a good thing. I miss having a little puppy to call my own.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I miss having a little puppy to call my own.
I was thinking of you and your lack of canine companionship yesterday....perhaps it's time? :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

We have to go at Andrew's pace. He's not quite ready, and he doesn't want to spend a lot of money. I want to get a supremely healthy dog, after the last two, who were rescues, older with lots of health problems, so it's a bit of a sticky wicket. Finding a healthy, young, non expensive dog who likes to exercise but isn't too rambunctious is going to be difficult. Right now, I want a Morkie (maltese-yorkie), Andrew wants a Schnauzer, and Alice wants a Shih tzu, but will settle for a Morkie or Yorkie. What we really should get is a mutt. :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Jacks,go to the dream of dogs thread!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

You said it, Wendy. I have a mutt! Beagle, terrier, maybe even a little dachshund. She's short and long! She began to get nervous before the storm even hit. A rumble. A mist in the air. "Dude! This is serious" Under the table!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh, she sounds so cute! I hope you gave her some hugs!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Some day I'll be dog free.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Have you got a dog too, Chris? What kind?
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

We have two miniature dachshunds. They are sisters and about 13 years old. We had their mother before them and got her when she was a puppy. We've been married 28 years next month and we've had a dog throughout. CA's idea.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

My only experience with a dachsund was at a rehearsal dinner for some friends of ours. They had this poor old dog, who I brefriended, since I knew almost no one there. He was waddling around, blind and deaf, so I picked him up. He peed and poo'ed all over me. Luckily I was wearing a sweater that I could take off and wash immediately. I didn't know that dachsunds were prone to going to the bathroom when they get excited. :roll: :roll: :roll:
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

:shock: Oh Wendy. You poor girl... :oops:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

I don't think I'll ever get a dog. I'm a fish fancier. But if I had to get one (on pain of death), It would be a mini-dachs. They're jaunty-looking fellows.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington