To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by JackFavell »

Yes, I definitely think that if the owners are weird the dogs are too....but then, maybe they're thinking I'm the weird one....

Guess what? Alice wants another dog.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u]Jack[/u] [u]Favell[/u] wrote:Yes, I definitely think that if the owners are weird the dogs are too....but then, maybe they're thinking I'm the weird one....
Naaah, you're not. Anyone who would love to sit on Joe Calleia's lap and smother him with kisses and twirl his mustache, can't be all bad.
Guess what? Alice wants another dog.
??!!

Name this next dog, Macomber. :lol:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha!

She keeps saying, "But we've never had two dogs at the same time...."
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Ha... Awww, she's a cutie. Wouldn't it be easier for her to ask for a baby brother or sister?
Last edited by CineMaven on August 26th, 2012, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

I know, I know. Easier for who?

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

...Or is that, 'whom.'
Last edited by CineMaven on August 26th, 2012, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

We are babysitiing my Granddog for 10 day while my Son is on a cruise with his Wife and three kids in Disney.. The pup (something Poo) is played with immensley at home but hardly walked on sidewalks for distances. His claws are sharp and toninght he drew blood from my arm in four playces while just being playful. They get trimmed at the groomer but walking sidewalkss keep them in "toe" (pun intended). Oh well, 6 more days of avoidance for me. He is cute, though and maybe a little too playful.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Lara's claws were sharp until we took her out walking, I think the sidewalk helps.

Red, that's such a good response, I'll remember that because Lara will dirty clothes and bounce around other people's dogs, she's very exciteable.

Weird dogs, weird owners, that's what Chris told me yesterday. Chris has had dogs when he lived with his parents but he's never had a puppy, he's far wiser than me when it comes to dealing with other dogs, he can see the warning signs, I'm not so clever.

Lara does not do rain, yet. She won't pop out into the garden to do her business, not for all the tea in China is she going out there, even if I'm galloping around waving toys pretending it's fun to be wet. The only way to get her out is attach her line and take her out. It doesn't make her attend to her toileting needs though, she makes no attempt to go even if we have to be out there for quarter of an hour and as soon as we go in, she does it :roll: I told you she was cleverer than me :roll:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It took me a year to get Tippy, my last dog, to wait till we got across the street to poo, but he was from a bad home and I think they just left him to poo in the house or maybe a small yard. He'd never been taken for walks.

If you can find the places where other dogs do their business, it might help. Lily likes to find another dog's poo and then put her's near it.

Uncle Stevie, you are a good man, taking care of that slasher! It's a shame she is such a menace when all she wants is to play. It's good though for her to have some training if she's the type who will dig into you hard.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Sugar's nails get pretty long before I can attend to them. I bought a trimmer, but she won't let me use it. She hides under the couch. I've learned one thing. You can have nice furniture or you can have a dog. You can't have both!
charliechaplinfan

How do you get to watch movies? I've had her 2 weeks and I've only watched 1 movie. I know the kids are off school and that doesn't help because I can't go 10 minutes without one of them wanting me but Lara just loves to play or cuddle and I indulge her.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

My dog watches movies with me. Her favorite is COOL HAND LUKE. For some reason, she was enthralled when we watched it! She also enjoyed MAN WITHOUT A STAR, with Kirk Douglas. Every night, we watch PERRY MASON. I say, "Shug, let's go out. It's almost time for Perry!"
charliechaplinfan

I think I'll start her education once the kids start back at school, I'm determined to make a movie watcher of her.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Lily is good and just curls up on the floor if there is nothing going on.

I am guessing that it may be the kids winding her up, or maybe it's more a case of them saying "LOOK mum, look at Lara" which takes your attention. Is she doing something at all moments, or getting into things? Once she knows your house, she may stop sniffing around quite so much.