To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
RedRiver

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by RedRiver »

Sugar stands on hind legs at the bank. She walks right up to the teller's counter. Only she's still not tall enough. All the teller sees is a little black nose! I hardly ever use ATM. And miss this scene?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's so cute! We once had a Great Dane who was able to reach over the teller line, he was taller than I was standing on his hind legs!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Lisa is the owner of the bar I frequent on Fridays in Greenwich Village. Her little dog is Gaetano. When she runs her errands, she brings Guy up to the bar to belly up for a drink. Yesterday I had my camera with me and...

ImageImage

Gaetano is better behaved than some of the regulars that flop there.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

On my only trip to The Village, we went to John's Pizza. My friend said Dylan used to play there. Had we gone to a bar, I might still be there!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! A real booze hound.

sorry
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hah!! D'0hhhh! :-)

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

These cockapoos don't mind the dirt, Lara loves to just sit in it, which you can imagine delights us.

Yesterday I watched Laura, I only wish Dana Andrews could annunciate properly, it sounded like Lara, which interested Lara. The kids caught the last hour and they thought she was called Lara too, to the point of Joe saying I'd got it wrong, it was Lara, I was mistaken, until I showed him the disc and then it must have been a misprint.

I love little Gaetano Theresa, he's really cute.

I like being part of the pack, it's remembering the I'm pack leader, which works easier with Lara than it does with the kids.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Peek-a-boo
Joseph Goodheart
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Awwww! That's so funny! You just made my day... How cute!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I just loved that photo Joe ... it's a hoot!
charliechaplinfan

Love the photo, our neighbour has a dog just like that, I haven't seen him in that pose, yet.

A doggy scare this afternoon, the guys, big and little have been working out front and one of them, probably the little one must have left the gate open, them they went to the tip in the car and I couldn't find Lara. Chris didn't have his phone on him and I'm trying to reason with myself that they must have taken her. Then I heard Joe running in shouting for her as he always does, they didn't have her. At this point the look on Joe's face was enough to make me cry, the panic, anguish and terror at his best friend dissappearing that hit his face all at once was enough to make any mother cry. Thankfully Lara appeared about 30 seconds later at the front door wondering what the fuss was. To say she was cuddled tight as our stomachs came back to land where they should be is an understatement.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

How many times have I been through this? When I first got Shug, I was...trusting. Big mistake. Turn her loose five feet from the front door. GONE! Let go of the leash to check the mail. GOODBYE! Now I know better! I hold onto her all the time. She used to disappear for minutes on end. And have no idea why I was mad when she came back! "What? You go out all the time. I don't even have a car!"
charliechaplinfan

Yes, that was Lara's attitude too. She was no worse for wear, I'd love to have known where she'd gone.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Once I was walking around in pitch dark, calling "Sugar!" I looked down. She was strolling alongside of me. "What? I'm right here!"
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

What a scare Alison! I know that heart-in-mouth feeling. I wonder what dogs are thinking when they bolt like that out into the unknown away from home and hearth, love and kisses and dog biscuits. Careful, careful.

Red, Shug needs her own web-series. She's quite a character and your anthropomorphic commentary from her is priceless!