Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by CineMaven »

Hey, who even knows what millet sticks are? :shock:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I like the name Bentley too. James Bond's first car was a Bentley! This was in the books. My sister gave Shug a toy. A rubber thing with holes. You put a treat inside, and the dog bats it around, trying to get it out. It this case, it was a brief experiment. "The hell with this! I'm not a stupid cat!" I can get the treat out. But Shug can't pick it up and shake it. No hands!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Lily loves that thing, but she gets the food out of it in like 20 seconds. She'd rather have a squirrel.

This squirrel has been taunting her for two days. She's put scratch marks all over the sliding glass door wanting to be let out (not the glass but the fiberglass rim around the outside edge). She barks and the squirrels sit there all calm eating seeds. She scratches and they still pay no attention. Then she lets out these long slow talky whines. It's driving her craZy! Luckily most of the birdseed is gone now, and they are coming less frequently. Poor thing! I'd let her out to catch them if I didn't think she'd go plummeting over the edge of our deck which is about 10 or 12 feet off the ground, over a stone retaining wall. Once she hopped up in the planter at the edge of the deck as if she were going to leap over the balcony rail to catch one of them.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Lilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Protecting La Maison Favell from those demon squirrels! :) Cute, but fierce little thing.

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

CineMaven wrote:Lilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Protecting La Maison Favell from those demon squirrels! :) Cute, but fierce little thing.

She really is. I've just noticed just this week that with all the doors and windows open, she runs around the house from the front door to the side window, to back door and then around to the front again, guarding the perimeter. She's tiny, but heaven help any squirrels intruders who try to make it into the house.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Sugar would sit on their laps and watch PERRY MASON! Intruder?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Ha! I get the impression that Lily would put up a fuss if they were in the yard or at the door, but once IN the house, she would snuggle up to them and beg them for a tummy rub. And they'd probably give in! Pretty soon she'd be leader of the gang. :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Your dogs are adorable Nancy.

Tummy rub, did someone say tummy rub? Says Lara, immediately rolling over and looking like a wanton woman.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Lara and Lily are sisters under the fur....
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

:lol: :lol:

That's why they call her the 'leader of the pack.'

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

She really is! When we walk her with her friend Ella, she MUST be first. She will pull and strain to get just an inch ahead at all times.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Awww...wassup with that? You've got to find a doggie park or doggie run over there. She's got to socialize with a bunch of other dogs so she'll know how to be a dog.

I need 2 c video. :shock:

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I don't have video. Maybe I can get a short one with one of the cameras. She gets a LOT of socializing. Every day when I walk her (we walk for at least 1/2 hour sometimes up to 1 hour and a half) we run into all kinds of dogs. Andrew does the same. Yesterday we played with two boxers, a white and liver spotted muscular pointer, who she liked enough to leave her scent on the ground for, and 2 little bratty maltese dogs who were quite impressed with Lily's free and easy ways. She also got to sit in the shade at the park, in a pile of clover and let 3 little kids pet her for 10 minutes. She's social alright, I should be so social!

She plays all the time at Ella's fenced in yard, so she gets to run free, and sometimes we take her to the dog park, though she always takes about half an hour just to sniff out the entire edge... like I said, guarding the perimeter. This morning I've got her out on the deck, carefully supervised, and she's guarding the perimeter again, keeping that nasty squirrel from coming up here. At one point I heard a loud flop onto the stone wall below, and looked up to make sure she was still there - must have been a squirrel that came up and got a look at her and jumped down rather than be shaken to death by a frenzied dog.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Awwww, Lily! Sweetie pie! You Favells can sleep easy. You're well-protected. :)

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

They are sisters under the skin, Lara gets plenty of time out, it's funny she knows, only Chris has a car and with me it's boring on the lead walking, we have no choice but when Chris is here she pesters him to take her in the car to where she can run.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin