To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Give my love to Klonnie please, and tell him how sorry I am about Goldie.
Same Here Moira ... With much love too.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Holy mother of God! I didn't know any of this. I was aware of the foods to be avoided. Grapes, raisins, onions, chocolate. So many nuts I just write them all off. But I didn't know about the plants. My Shug nibbles on greenery all the time! Grass, leaves. Never seen her go after flowers. Should we avoid everything?

I'm so very sorry for Klondike and his Goldie.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Like Shug, Lily likes the greens and browns - grass and sticks.

I just read Hydrangeas are bad, I don't know if they mean the leaves or the flowers or all parts. Lily likes to chew the winter branches. I better check!

OK. it says buds and flowers, but I won't take any chances, since it has cyanide in it!
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

So sorry to hear about Goldie, Klondike. Thanks so much for making us aware of this dangerous plant, of which I will spread the word.
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'll be sure to let Klonny know we are thinking of him (even though I suspect that he drifts by here occasionally). Just so you know--poor Goldie was not his dog, but was the beloved companion of a friend of Klondike. Who knew that something so beautiful could hurt a pup?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm so sorry for poor Goldie and his owner. I read up on all these plants when we got Lara, I was clueless until I read a dog magazine and realised that some of our nicest plants like rhodendrons had to come up. Do pass on my best to Klonny, we do miss him.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Playful Dog You Tube

[youtube][/youtube]

Friend of mine sent me this via email and I wanted to share this to all of you here. So Cute.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Lily does something similar when we come home, or if she is startled by something, like a big box on the floor or something tipping over. We call it 'crazy dog' - she'll play like she is ferocious, running at about fifty times the speed of that dog in the video, all over the house, barreling around and growling and staring at us the whole time. It's hilarious... at least I think it is... I hope she's not going off her rocker.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

When Shug was young, she'd run back and forth through my mom's house, then jump and down on her bed! Anything to bring that adrenaline down.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Shug sounds so cute! I wish I could see her running and jumping onto her bed.

Lily went in the river today. it was warm enough that she got a quick cool down by just walking in up to her elbows. At least I think they are elbows....
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Poor Shug is hungry today. I ran out of "good" dog food! I don't feel too bad. There's a big bowl of dry stuff waiting to be devoured. But The Queen of the Canines only likes canned!
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

Her Highness is a lady of only the finest taste. ( To be sure: look who she picked for a Papa. ) Would Shug consider the dry stuff if it were mixed with plain, unsweetened yogurt ( culture, you know ) and a bit of water? We used to give that to The Beauz, and he liked it fine. He also likes cheese. And eggs, shell and all. Peanut butter. Hair clippings... He's not too keen on carrots, though.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Poor Shug! Can you get some of the canned at the store before she starts giving you the evil eye? :D

Lily likes carrots. We stopped giving her cheese because a little later in the day she would be sick. It took us a while to figure out what was causing it. She still wants it though when we have it!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I made it to the store about 6:00 PM. So the POOR, NEGLECTED animal had to wait a few hours. Get over it, Shug!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Our vet told us not to give dogs diary products, they can't digest it properly. Lara is a dustbin, she'll eat anything that is meant for us.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin