Christmas presents and festive stories

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: Christmas presents and festive stories

Post by charliechaplinfan »

If your Dad is dressed up as Santa he must be feeling loads better.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Yes, he is feeling much better. Luckily, the 3 year was too busy to wrestle him because she weighs 43 pounds!
I could tell he was pretty tired by the end of the night, but said he'd taken a nap to prepare!
B
charliechaplinfan

I was pretty tired by the night too (why is Christmas day so tiring?I still don't understand why, it's enjoyable and you're with people you love) My 7 year old doesn't weigh much more than 43lb, she is slight and eats everything I put in front of her. I'm envious, I've never had the ability to eat whatever I wanted, even when I was 7.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

We had dinner at our house for Courtney's parents, her daughter, and our friend Pam. We also had some other people over earlier for cocktails and apps.

We served roast duck with sour cherry compote, brussels sprout hash with caramelized shallots, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and corn with roasted red pepper and goat cheese.

Here's a pic of Courtney and I preparing dinner. You can see her apple pie up front.

charliechaplinfan

Jon, that looks so good, even though I stuffed I could still eat that apple pie.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Doggone that mailman! He lost my invitation! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bet that pie was great....sigh..... :lol: :lol:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

That menu sounds scrumptious, especially the sour cherry compote with the roasted duck. And I love the picture of you and Courtney. Thanks for sharing it, Jon.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Jon, Thanks for sharing the pic. That looks like a very fun, festive and busy place to be for the holidays. I love it when the counters are so full you're reduced to working at the edges. That means we're blessed, doesn't it. Good food and good folks. (And your fiance is lovely, btw).
More food and fun for New Years?
Birdy
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Here is one of my Maureen and me. She is lovely. She takes after her mother.

Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Oh, she is lovely. How did we get so lucky?
charliechaplinfan

Chris that's a lovely picture, a picture paints a thousand words and yours is really touching. Maureen looks like a very pretty girl.

My kids are small but I want that kind of relationship with my kids when they're grown, I'll do everything I can to make it that way.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison,
Back to the earlier story, I just thought I'd tell you, the 3 year old weighs 43 and her twin sisters weigh 48 pounds. I'll leave you to draw the picture in your mind, but it looks something like this:

1 1 o

HA HA Poor thing, and she's got my wild curly hair to boot! Well, she'll just have to invest in a lot of conditioner.
Birdy
charliechaplinfan

Bless them, I love curly hair but I've never known anyone with curly hair be glad of it. I will be glad when the fashion for straightening hair goes out of the window, give me a head of curly hair anyday.