The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Oh! They usually have my dog walk over a flat scale at the vets, then I try real hard to make him sit down on it, but he gets too nervous.
I know what you mean; my parents always take me to the vet because my dog prefers my voice over anyone in the family and I had to tell the dog what to do while getting a check up. Sitting down a flat scale is one of them.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's hilarious, kingme!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It sounds like cats are easier, well weighing wise. My parent in law's cat has handle with care on his record, he's extremely able with his claws.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

You probably noticed I haven't been posting much recently. Well, I'm having some trouble with my Internet provider. They cut me off by mistake and it's taking for ever to get my line back... :? At the moment, I'm using my (kind) neighbour's connection. But it's not ideal.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's nice you are back even under those circumstances.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Ann Harding wrote:You probably noticed I haven't been posting much recently. Well, I'm having some trouble with my Internet provider. They cut me off by mistake and it's taking for ever to get my line back... :? At the moment, I'm using my (kind) neighbour's connection. But it's not ideal.
And I thought you were off to a film festival catching some sun and great flicks or basking in the glow of some rare films at the Cinémathèque Française waiting for April in Paris! Sorry to hear about your connectivity issues, but I hope it will be resolved soon, Christine. It's good to see you here.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

We've missed you! Here's hoping you are back soon!
charliechaplinfan

I'm glad you've got some access Christine.

I've been a silly girl, I’ve scalded all my arm now, I went dizzy and was filling a hot water bottle with boiling water and managing to pour some over my arm which was clothed, I put my arm under the cold tap but because there was lots going on, Joe going to Beavers, Libby’s friend going home I didn’t see to it properly and although it looked OK last night I developed huge blisters which burst during the night and them it was one open weeping sore. Now it’s dressed from the elbow to the fingers and I can’t wash the pots or shower. I am a numpty.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Alison! Please be careful with that burn and let the pots and pans stack up. You are much more important than having a house that looks perfect. I'm so sorry to read that this happened to you. Please spare yourself a bit...and let others help you around the house for awhile.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh no! you poor thing! My heart goes out to you. I've burned myself before and it's always when I am rushing something, or doing something I know I should be avoiding because I am not quite up to par. As Moira says, let the housework go...I hope doctor was the one who dressed it? did they give you instructions for how to deal with it after?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Sounds like you got some serious burns here ... I will be thinking of you and hope its heals fast. CCFan!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Christine, it's good to see you post again, I hope you'll have your internet connection back soon!

Ali, I'm very sorry to read about your accident and I know how serious is what you lived first-hand, because my wife fainted years ago and was burned by boiling water that came out of an electric boiler when she lost consciousness; take care of that burn; snail, rose mosqueta or emu oils are good to erase potential scars. A big hug.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, lovey, I am so sorry. I burned my arm and tried to take care of it myself. Infection set in and I was in a pickle for sure. Please let the doctors dress it and monitor your progress. You are NOT a numpty (whatever that is), you are a TREASURE.

Let us know how you are. :cry: :cry:
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Dear Alison,

Ouch! Just reading your account made me yelp....
Never mind the pots and pans, just relax and chill out; and enlist your family to pitch in too.
You'd be surprised at what others can do when they know you're injured.... And, take help where it's offerd - let others help too - friends and neighbours feel good when doing something beneficial for others.

Take care,
Larry
charliechaplinfan

If it had been one of the kids I'd have gone to A and E but you can wait for hours just waiting to be seen. I underestimated the seriousness of it and it became apparent the next day, I'm always burning myself on pots and pans but it's the size of the scald that's the problem. It's amazing what a bandage will do, the pots are getting washed but not much else is being done, I'm managing to do everything else one handed. A numpty is a silly so and so and it fits me perfectly.