The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: The whiny thread

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Birdy, I'm thinking of you, you've been so thoughtful to me in the past, you and yours are in my prayers. Keep in touch and if a trouble shared lightens the load a little, feel free to ask for that help here if and when you can.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

Dear Birdy, You are in my thoughts and I'm wishing you the best.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks, friends. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? Or makes us mix stronger drinks. Or something like that.
We get more news tomorrow, will keep you posted. B
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Birdy, I'm also sending good thoughts your way. Hope you can find something to make you smile today.

Sandy K
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks! The best laugh I've had this week was over on the You-Tube thread, Husband Daycare. I woke up this morning and for some reason, that's the first thing I thought of! Where can I sign up? Can he ride on the short bus? We have to fill our heads with laughs, don't we?

Here's another movie-related laugh I had this week: I was reading a very boring, dry spritual study book (why?) when I came across the quote:
He also serves who stands and waits. (Milton)
I heard it in Joan Blondell's faked lisp from We're In the Money and giggled aloud in the waiting room. Proof that our brains will laugh even we don't mean to, sometimes! I think I just need to ditch the boring spiritual read and take along some fun movie reading.

B
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Birdy, I don't know if I've mentioned this on the boards, but my mother has vascular dementia. My husband and I moved into her house with her and one of my sisters about 2 years ago to help out. It's very stressful at times, and since then I've noticed that I just need to read books and watch movies that aren't too serious or intense. And speaking of Joan Blondell, I recently read her book, Center Door Fancy and I loved it. Right now, musicals and comedies are my main viewing pleasure. Hang in there.

Sandy K
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Thanks, Sandy,
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts as well.
And I will think of you as I rewatch Joan in all my faves!
We are stuck in a hurry up and wait pattern; will have more info soon.
B
charliechaplinfan

Only a little whinge. For a few weeks I've had a virus that has come and gone, it came back on Sunday night a bit worse so I gave over three days to get rid of the virus. I set off to get the kids from school today, it was a nice day so I walked, it's only 10 minutes, get to the yard speak to some of the Mums and pass out. It was so scary and disorientating. Thankfully my friends caught me so I didn't hit the deck, my father picked me and kids up from school and three hours later I went to the doctors thinking I was recovered only to find my blood pressure was extremely low. Blood tests tomorrow, the doctor suspects glandular fever which I've already had once. Nothing like that has happened before although I know I have lowish blood pressure usually a good thing.

Looks like I'll be watching movies for a couple of days.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

I wish you the best of lucks Alison, take care of yourself and a speedy recovery.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison,
I hope you get good news about your health and I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself in the fall. It's so sweet your dad came to get you. My dad rescued me Friday when my car broke down and I was sitting on the side of the road. It's so great to have a dad to call; I didn't live near mine for 16 years when I was first married and I just love having him nearby. He's my hero. B
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It is so mild by comparison but I think I killed my ipod. 3500 songs to replace. :cry:
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, Chris that is awful. Could the Geek Squad help?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Birdy, it seems like bad luck and poor health are partners, doesn't it? Is the car that replaced the wrecked one? Hope it's nothing serious. Alison, I'm so glad you weren't hurt in that fall. As you said, lots of movies while you rest...
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Birdy and Alison:

I have worked with my father since 1988. I wouldn't have traded the time for anything. We had a great time. He is mostly retired but he still comes in to make sure everything is ok for my brother and me. It's going to be hard for me to reach his level.

Nancy:

I think my pod is toast. The computer won't recognize it and I can't even get it to come on. With it being 5 years old it probably isn't worth it. Luckily nearly everything on it I had on the computer or CD so it is just some time to get it done. My daughter had a great idea. Her birthday is next month so she thought we could get her one of the new ipods and then she would give me hers. "Recycling is fun," she said. (I actually like that idea. If I can keep Carolann from replacing mine before then then we'll be ahead of the game.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

I had blood tests today, now we'll just wait for the results. I've been watching movies and doing zero housework, if only everyday could be like this.

I like your daughter's way of thinking Chris. Let Dad have the older one, next it will be your mobile phones. I think you're more like your Dad than you think.