The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
knitwit45

Re: The whiny thread

Post by knitwit45 »

Actually, it is from Virginia Satir. I stumbled on it a long time ago, and just love it.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's wonderful. Wish I could live up to it... :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Don't we all! Be well, dear friend
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Sorry to hear about your pain Wendy. I have had them but not near the degree of yours. Usually, mine will dissipate if I can get some sleep.

Food reactions are becoming more prevalent as you mentioned earlier with your wheat diet. The trouble is the junk you have to go through to find out what is going on.

I hope you are on the mend.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Yes, this morning I feel great! Thank goodness. And thanks everyone for your kindness. Migraines are something I've lived with for a long time, and can handle, but this was getting ridiculous. Thanks again for your sympathy.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'm so glad to read that you discovered the source of your recent bout with migraines, Wendy. Please take care and thanks for the info about sulfites.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I get migraines too ... about 3-4 of them a year and I'm out for 24 hours period.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I think it's made us all think, raisins of all things, I've heard of chocolate and cheese but raisins are a healthy snack. I'm so glad you've managed to find out what's causing them Wendy but I'm sorry you've had to suffer so.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It just makes me so mad, Alison, for the reason you just said - it's RAISINS for goodness sake they are supposed to be good for you. I've since looked and it seems to be only dusted if the fruit is a color that they want to keep looking nice in transit to the grocery. dark raisins don't seem to be dusted with the chemical, but I'll now be checking labels of everything.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's not a whine as much as it is an observation but the ladies that I work with find it funny that when I go buy a soda I get a Dr. Pepper. (Pepsi Throwback is not available individually.) It is part of their fun with my being boring and predictable. (Of that I am in agreement.) But why is it not funny that they have to have their coffee every morning? The same stuff from the same place. That part seems to have little difference but it's funny. I don't understand.

Now, if you want me to whine about something I'll tell you about music practice at church.
Chris

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I don't think Dr. Pepper is boring or predictable. Is that why they think it's funny? Or is it that you get one every day? They are the boring and predictable ones, drinking coffee every single morning.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Not every day but more often then not. (I don't really drink anything else other than water.) I think they address the rest of my life as boring and predictable so this is one more thing. I can't argue much with that one. We don't get to do a lot. Sundays are pretty much all tied up. That leaves only Saturdays and then is when we often have to get things done.
Chris

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You sound like me! :D I think you are hiding a daring side. It comes out in classic film. Look at your choices, you like screwball, the Marx Bros, and Ealing comedies. There's a rebel inside you trying to break free.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

There's a rebel inside you trying to break free.

I'll have to tell "The Bride" that and she what she thinks. I'll get back to you.
Chris

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I like Dr. Pepper. For some absurd reason, it's enormously popular in western Kentucky. I don't know about Louisville, Lexington. Around here, we like our Dr. Pepper! Strange.

About migraines, I want to share something of my own history. I assure you I don't make light of this horrible affliction. This is serious. I had migraines as a teenager. Bad headaches, followed by nausea and vomiting. About half a day, then they'd go away. Then I went to college. Then I began using a certain Colombian/Jamaican/sometimes Mexican substance. No more migraines! Ever. I don't partake of that remedy anymore. Still no headaches.

Do I recommend this solution? No. That's not my position. But I think the experience is worth sharing.