Important announcement

Chit-chat, current events
SSO Admins
Administrator

Important announcement

Post by SSO Admins »

As part of our quest to keep SSO a vital and tasty part of your day, I would like to announce that this web site now comes with bacon.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Here's a tasty little heart attack for ya:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Oh...I thought you meant Kevin was going to be a regular.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Mmmmmmmmm....bacon.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Mmmmmmmmm . . . . . . Kevin
klondike

Post by klondike »

My entire clan worships Bacon, and as lesser deities, other mighty swine products as well.
I myself make regular pilgrimages to the shrine of the North Atlantic demi-goddess, Salt Pork.
My grown children, iconoclasts and heretics though they often are, readily acknowledge that pork is indeed the most sacred of all Celtic Soul Foods, shadowing even the divine barley.
So tush on with ye're bad selves . . .
and Get Yer Lard On!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Oh --- I'm so torn ---

Owing to my heritage, I can of course have only a half-portion of that wonderful stuff.

However, I will insist on a full portion of Kevin.
vallo

Post by vallo »

>Oh...I thought you meant Kevin was going to be a regular<

I though it was the Warner Bros. director, Lloyd Bacon. But that would be some Really Old Bacon.... I'll stick to Ham...

Bill
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Judith sez:
Owing to my heritage, I can of course have only a half-portion of that wonderful stuff.
I thought we'd established that a full-portion is fine if part of a Chinese meal. Szechuan carbonara, perhaps?
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

A coworker told me that once he was out to dinner with a group and somebody had the idea to think of something on the menu that couldn't be improved by adding bacon. The only thing they could come up with was the chocolate sundae.

Makes me think there is a chocolate thread in our future.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Yes, I too love bacon - and we in Canada have two kinds, strip & back - so ha, ha!!

I do love a good pork chop or two and have even been known to devour pigs feet or pork hocks or whatever you call them.... Yummy!!!

Larry
klondike

Post by klondike »

movieman1957 wrote:A coworker told me that once he was out to dinner with a group and somebody had the idea to think of something on the menu that couldn't be improved by adding bacon. The only thing they could come up with was the chocolate sundae.
I've had diced bacon on a hot fudge sundae . . it wasn't too shabby, though I doubt I'd suggest it very often in mixed company.
Does kinda harken to mind a food suggestion I've made online before (TCM site or here, can't recall) of mashing M&M's into cream cheese, and spooning that combo into spicy chicharones.
Now that's a treat fit for the Gods!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

movieman1957 wrote:A coworker told me that once he was out to dinner with a group and somebody had the idea to think of something on the menu that couldn't be improved by adding bacon. The only thing they could come up with was the chocolate sundae.

Makes me think there is a chocolate thread in our future.
It's not quite a sundae, but there is this.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Och, Jon, 'tis a mad magician ye are! :shock:
My mind reels, my parched lips gasp, Mickey dances again with brooms & pails, and midway between my brain & my belly, ferocious Aztec gods jig in wild abandon to a devilish Nova Scotian hornpipe. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bacon & Chocolate ?!!!
Truly, Worlds now Collide!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

vallo wrote:>Oh...I thought you meant Kevin was going to be a regular<

I though it was the Warner Bros. director, Lloyd Bacon. But that would be some Really Old Bacon.... I'll stick to Ham...

Bill
And how about Irving Bacon (was he Lloyd's brother)? To my New York ears, there was always something contradictory about that name, like saying Schlomo Piggott.

The choco-bacon thing sounds fine to me -- the salt of the bacon would be a nice compliment to the bitterness of dark chocolate. I'm surprised our upscale chocolatiers here haven't been pushing the concept; they wrap -- oh, sorry -- enrobe -- just about everything else in chocolate. Probably a shelf-life issue. The concept of chocolate and rancid bacon isn't quite as alluring.