The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Re: The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

;)
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LOL

That up there reminds me of the classic Steve Martin/John Candy bed sharing scene in 'Trains, Planes and Automobiles'.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

^Look at that sweetheart!
Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

Masha

Post by Masha »

ElCid

Post by ElCid »

If you missed it, Eddie Muller said that cats were the perfect Noir animal in his intro to this weeks Noir Alley. As the "servant" of several cats, I agree with him. You can find his intros and outros (?) on YouTube.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

ElCid wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:09 pm If you missed it, Eddie Muller said that cats were the perfect Noir animal in his intro to this weeks Noir Alley. As the "servant" of several cats, I agree with him. You can find his intros and outros (?) on YouTube.
I find it interesting that a guy that had a career in the military would have several cats instead of dogs. The reason being dogs are more likely to be obedient and take-orders while cats are known for being overly independent.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 13th, 2023, 8:27 pm
ElCid wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:09 pm If you missed it, Eddie Muller said that cats were the perfect Noir animal in his intro to this weeks Noir Alley. As the "servant" of several cats, I agree with him. You can find his intros and outros (?) on YouTube.
I find it interesting that a guy that had a career in the military would have several cats instead of dogs. The reason being dogs are more likely to be obedient and take-orders while cats are known for being overly independent.
And knowing Cid as we do here James, as a man who one could rightly say has always impressed with his bent toward independent thought, I find it interesting that you didn't take this into consideration before stating this. ;)

(...nope, our old friend Cid here has never come across to me anyway as one inclined to happily conform to a stereotype)
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Dargo wrote: November 13th, 2023, 9:00 pm
jamesjazzguitar wrote: November 13th, 2023, 8:27 pm
And knowing Cid as we do here James, as a man who one could rightly say has always impressed with his bent toward independent thought, I find it interesting that you didn't take this into consideration before stating this. ;)

(...nope, our old friend Cid here has never come across to me anyway as one inclined to happily conform to a stereotype)
I didn't make my point well with the use of "interesting", since I didn't mean to imply I was surprised. Yes, Cid is clearly his own man and based on our interactions with him has always shown an independent side and thus it isn't any surprise that he didn't conform to a stereotype. My hat is off to him! (well if I had a hat!).