C'est Moi - I'm Back!!!

Chit-chat, current events
Vecchiolarry

C'est Moi - I'm Back!!!

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hello Everybody,

Well, after several months of frustration about not being able to post here - - I'm back!!!, thanks to Lynn and Moira!!!
I always got an "Access Denied" whenever I tried to even read this message board, but now I've returned like a bad case of psoriasis - so watch it!!!

Recently, I was in Los Angeles and met Lynn and her husband, Jon (the famous Mr. Cutter!!!)..... Lynn and I met up last Wednesday at 'Musso and Franks' in Hollywood and had a delighful dinner and talked movie stars mostly as I'm not up on my movies as many of you are....
On Saturday, I gave a dinner at the Polo Lounge and Lynn and Jon came to that also.
I was very happy to have finally met Lynn, who as we all know is a real gem!!

Anyone interested in the rest of my trip there will have to go to "Nell - Eleanor Doheny" thread in 'People in Film' as I will revive it shortly....

Regards,
Larry
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: C'est Moi - I'm Back!!!

Post by moira finnie »

Hi Larry!
I'm delighted that our efforts to get you back online have been successful. And yes, I do want to hear about all your recent adventures with and without the distinguished Cutter family!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Larry

Welcome back! You've been missed!

Donna
klondike

Post by klondike »

Ceud Mile Failte ! ! !

{One Hundred Thousand Welcomes!}

So glad you're back among us, Larry!
It just hasn't been the same without you (especially over on the CANDIDS thread).
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Well, thank you Moira, Donna and Klondike for those kind words.

I did write a summary of my LA trip on the "Nell - Eleanor Doheny" thread and it disappeared.
So I redid it and saved it and now that has disappeared.
If this goes too, I will just give up and only lurk & read and not post. I find all message boards very frustrating and have given up on most of them. And, I refuse to be a slave to a machine.

If you don't hear from me, even now after my brief return, you'll know why....

Hope this posts - ???

Larry
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Well, hello Larry. Welcome back.

Don't give up. You bring so much to our group. I'd hate to lose you again.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Hi Larry,
I'm not sure why you are having problems posting to the"Nell - Eleanor Doheny" thread, but I have brought it up to the top of the page here in The People of Film and posted a test that appears to have taken without any issue.

I wonder if you could please tell me if you are seeing a Preview of what you have written prior to hitting the Submit button below when posting a reply to that thread?

Please try copying any posts you even think might have an issue being posted to Microsoft Word or sending it as a private message to yourself here online just to make sure that you have it before entering it in that thread and and hitting Submit.

If anyone else is having a similar issue, please let someone know. I really don't want us to go through any technical issues again. I'm really sorry that you are having any problems like this, Larry. Thank you.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Larry!!! So glad you've come back to us. If you browse around at postings made in your absence, you'll notice that many of us longed for your return. Please don't be intimidated by all this technology -- keep on posting -- if a Luddite like me can do it, so can you.

(And when are you coming to NYC already?)
JDB
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome HOME, dear friend! Did you get to take your trip to London? Weren't you traveling with the Divine Elaine Stewart? You know, I get everything mixed up, so start posting so you can straighten me (and everyone else) out!!!!!

Nancy
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm so glad you're back :D look forward to hearing about your trip.

Please don't give up.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Thanks for all the welcomings...

I think I found my "Saved" piece - it's under Control Panel, then Drafts. Now I have to figure out how to get it into the correct thread...
It's like driving on the freeway - you can easily miss your turnoff!!!

Larry
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

Hi, Larry! Well, it's about time! :wink: You have missed many new threads and a lot of pictures! You will have fun going through the board discovering what you missed! After you get settled in, I'm sure you'll fill us in on your leisure activities. Glad you're back.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Thanks Judith, Nancy, Alison & James for the good words...

I did go to London in April and had a very nice time there and in Southern England. But, I didn't travel with Elaine Stewart - that was suppossed to be a Mediterranean cruise in the summer, but that all fell through. Instead, I'm doing a river cruise on the Rhine & Danube by myself and then going to Egypt with some Calgary seniors in the fall.

I would like to come to NYC - maybe next year - and I will let you know if & when that happens. Joan Copeland wants me to visit her on Long Island, which I've never been on; should be fun!!

Larry
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hi, Larry -
Welcome back!
(I've been gone too- yardwork.)

Please keep trying to post - I love those candids and your stories.
How can anyone care about all those stupid contemporary Hollywood shows on tv? You are much more fun.
Birdy
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Birdy,

Thanks and you keep on posting too...

Larry