I'm moving but I'm going to be offline for ages!!!

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

I'm moving but I'm going to be offline for ages!!!

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I got the keys to my new house today. It is a three storey end townhouse, as you go through the front door there is a toilet and cloakroom and kitchen/dining room and garage to the side. On the first floor/second level will be our living room with big double doors opening to let the breeze inside, outside our window are two big mature trees at the front is our bedroom, this has double doors that look out over a communal pond that is well fenced off from cheeky children. On the top floor are the childrens bedrooms and a playroom. We will be having a conservatory built on the back of the house. It's my dream house.

I'm the organiser in our house, I make things work like clockwork but Chris has always sorted out the phone and broadband. Has he got around to doing it? No, how many times did I nag? Too many and it didn't work. So we have the keys but I can't arrange a phone connection for 4 weeks and this is standard with many services here and broadband takes two weeks after that. I have not lived without the internet for three years. I don't know how I will cope. Well I do I have more than enough to occupy myself making my house a home and many films and books to enjoy but it won't be the same not talking to you guys.

I'll miss coming here everyday. No doubt I'll talk my husband's ears off because I won't have my outlet of friends that I'm used to chatting with.

I'll be online this weekend but in reality will have little time to check in, I'll make sure I come by this thread. My love to all of you.

Alison
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
rudyfan

Re: I'm moving but I'm going to be offline for ages!!!

Post by rudyfan »

Good luck and I'll miss seeing you online!

Light a fire under him, will you????

Donna
feaito

Post by feaito »

Good luck Alison and enjoy yourself in your new house! :D

We'll miss you over here :(
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Alison,

Do you think Chris has an ulterior motive? Maybe he wants you all to himself. :lol:
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

I can't arrange a phone connection for 4 weeks and this is standard with many services here and broadband takes two weeks after that.

EEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: (that translates: dad-gum, girl, we're going to miss you!!!!)
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

First off: Enjoy your new house and all the decorating and rearranging that goes with it, but when you get a chance, find a library, then if you need a computer fix, you can get on line there; sometimes its free, and sometimes it costs a dollar. In any case, we will be here, unless my dummy goes on the blink again.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

So, I'm going to line up and take all the potshots at CCF I can think of-!!
charliechaplinfan

Ollie, you go calling Charlie and you'll regret it when I get back :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes. My husband is somewhat absent minded, he's not a list maker, I make lists to make sure I forget nothing because my powers of recall at the moment I need something are not great but for me it works and everything gets done. Hubby doesn't like the phone but will miss the internet.

I really am going to miss everyone, the library is a good idea but it only opens during the day and I rarely get chance to use a computer for more than 10 minutes during the daytime, it's at night I have my internet time.

Today we were able to move some things down to our new house, that finally made it feel like ours. My husband hangs curtains and what do I do, I lug boxes around. He likes to be gaffer in charge and I let him think he is :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

CCF -
Congratulations on the new home and don't forget to do some stretching between carrying loads so you don't lock up.
We'll be here when you can come back - sooner or later!
B
charliechaplinfan

That's good adivce Birdy. This morning i went for a swim to loosen the back muscles, it worked they don't feel as tight tonight.

Tomorrow is the big day, for the very first time our kids are staying out for the night with their Grandma and we are just shattered we can't take advantage of it. :roll:

This has to be goodbye for a while now. To all my friends who I have got a regular correspondence going with if I do get to a computer I'll check in here and let you know how we are but I doubt I'll have chance to email everyone. My father's computer is the likely source of internet but I'll have to get in a queue with my father and brother :roll:

I shall miss all of you and I shall miss the film talk. I promise I'll keep up on my viewing and reading.

And Ollie, don't you dare criticise Charlie whilst I'm gone :wink:
klondike

Post by klondike »

Blessings follow you, Darling Alison, and hurry back doon our lane soon's ye can.
We'll keep a cozy on the tea, & a weather-eye on the gate.
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

Oh, Alison, what will I do without your comments. You and I talk so much, and there will be no one to talk about Garbo with! Well, shoot! I guess I'll just have to get over it and look forward to your return.

I too, just bought a new house, but unfortunately, or fortunately, all of my phone service and online needs will be all set up when I move on Thursday. Congrats on your new house! Three stories! We don't have anything like that in California, at least not in my parts. Maybe in San Francisco there might be some. It sounds divine! And, yes, you will be busy. I moved most of my breakables myself, as I always do. When the movers get there, they always say, WOW! I have filled one whole room and half of another with all of my treasures. But, I don't trust anyone else with my most precious possessions. Plus, I can't move the piano or china hutch on my own, so I have to movers for that!

Good luck, and as you can tell, we will all miss you!
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

A couple of days have passed, and maybe Alison's gone for a while. I've had a great penpal relationship with her BUT I certainly not above kicking friends when they're down! So, in that proper spirit, I'll start by listing my numerous grievances with her below...

silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That looks like a list of my grievances too Ollie. She's a repeat offender.
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Don't you guys think you're being just a little too hard on poor Alison? Let up a little will you?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************