General announcement to the SSO membership

Chit-chat, current events
SSO Admins
Administrator

General announcement to the SSO membership

Post by SSO Admins »

I cannot find the remote to my DVR, and I'm getting really irritated.
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: General announcement to the SSO membership

Post by movieman1957 »

Check the pantry. You might have gone to get cookies and set it down in there.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

It's usually the last place you look. Seriously.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Welcome to MY world....I swear, a bottle of Mayo walked out of the fridge and disappeared! It's somewhere with the cordless phone, the tv remote, and a bottle of Advil............ :roll: :lol: :shock:
klondike

Post by klondike »

Dewey1960 wrote:It's usually the last place you look. Seriously.
Of course you find it in the last place, cause as soon as you find it, you stop looking!
:lol:
I'd recommend buying a replacement on-line, right away; as soon as you do, the old one will turn up, which means you will have spent funds on a techincally unnecessary remote, but the next time this happens, you will probably be able to locate one of your two remotes in half the time.
Of course, the one you find will no doubt be the one without batteries . . but that's a different maddening search, now isn't it? :evil:
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

klondike wrote:
Dewey1960 wrote:It's usually the last place you look. Seriously.
Of course you find it in the last place, cause as soon as you find it, you stop looking!
:lol:
I'd recommend buying a replacement on-line, right away; as soon as you do, the old one will turn up, which means you will have spent funds on a techincally unnecessary remote, but the next time this happens, you will probably be able to locate one of your two remotes in half the time.
Of course, the one you find will no doubt be the one without batteries . . but that's a different maddening search, now isn't it? :evil:
If you knew where you had it last--you'd still have it. :P

Perhaps we should do away with remotes completely and hook everything up to a "Clapper" unit. No applause please, or I'll be plunged into darkness.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

K-Man wrote: Of course you find it in the last place, cause as soon as you find it, you stop looking!
Hence, the joke.
markfp

Post by markfp »

I remember many years ago when I first subscribed to cable TV, the remote was hardwired to the box with a 20 foot cable. As old fashioned as that may seem, there was certainly something to be said for that arrangement. You never heard "Where the @%#!! is the remote?" :)
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

What's a "remote"?

Your Luddite Friend,
ChiO
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

I have the remote (and the mayo), and if you ever want to see them again, send me 98 cents in large bills and a subscription to TV Guide by midnight September 31st. 8) And remember what Ricky Nelson said... "I don't mess around, boy!" :P
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
klondike

Post by klondike »

CharlieT wrote:I have the remote (and the mayo), and if you ever want to see them again, send me 98 cents in large bills and a subscription to TV Guide by midnight September 31st. 8) And remember what Ricky Nelson said... "I don't mess around, boy!" :P
Charlie, I read your last post nearly an hour ago, and I keep trying to imagine Ricky Nelson uttering that line . . :roll:
But I keep hearing it spoken by L.Q. Jones!
:?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Blackmail!!!!!! And I distinctly remember hearing Ricky Nelson saying that....he was about 10 or 12, wasn't he?

Ok, I'll pay the ransom for the remote, but I think you'd better keep the mayo...it went missing about 3 weeks ago :shock:

Anybody got change for a 3??????
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I have too many remotes for my cable box. Every time they come they bring one. My wife and I were in bed watching TV and I asked for the remote. She said "use your own." Now I just change the channel when she isn't expecting it.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

movieman1957 wrote:I have too many remotes for my cable box. Every time they come they bring one. My wife and I were in bed watching TV and I asked for the remote. She said "use your own." Now I just change the channel when she isn't expecting it.
Oh, Chris, whewwwww! :lol:
Your anecdote just flashed me back to that sidesplitting scene from Grumpy Old Men, where retired TV repairmen Matthau spies on unsuspecting neighbor/rival/buddy Lemmon every Saturday night, and then uses his override remote to flip Lemmon's channels around from nextdoor while he's trying to follow the lottery results.
Almost as funny as the infamous "apple tart" scene at the beginning of Waking Ned Devine. :mrgreen:
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

jondaris,

Try looking in your left hand. I often find missing things in my left hand...
Last edited by The Ingenue on August 3rd, 2009, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.