Helen Snubs Da Queen

Chit-chat, current events
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Now Ken,

I saw that picture of Mickey Rooney kissing The Queen's hand and thought it was charming.
It's really a 'no-no' to touch her or do that but I'm sure she was charmed by having a gallant gentleman honour her in this way!!!

Remember years ago, when that large black woman hugged her in a big bear hug? Apparently, she wasn't flummoxed but her 'people' were aghast.
I've always found that the high man/woman on the totem pole is never aghast but the ones under him/her usually are.

Surely, you can re-instate a Rooney into the clan again. After all, the Irish are noted for their charm, forgiveness and "blarney"!!!!!!!!!

Larry
ken123

Post by ken123 »

OK - Probation for Mickey ! He is a " Mick " once more. :wink:
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Here we are having reported, in the papers and on TV, that "Andy" Rooney was kissing the Queen's hand..

Now, I ask you all, if the 'journalists' and 'reporters' are getting this wrong, then what else are we being spoonfed that's false?

Larry
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi,

Here we are having reported, in the papers and on TV, that "Andy" Rooney was kissing the Queen's hand..

Now, I ask you all, if the 'journalists' and 'reporters' are getting this wrong, then what else are we being spoonfed that's false?

Larry

Most TV or Radio " reporters " are News Readers, and nothing more. American journalism, so - called , is a joke. :cry:
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

The photo of Mickey Rooney kissing QEII's hand:

from the body language and the expression on Her Maj's face, I got the impression that she may very well have been a lifelong fan of his, and she was not at all displeased to meet him and have him kiss her hand. Royals are cinema buffs too, you know.