hi

Chit-chat, current events
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

bradtexasranger wrote:Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Can someone tell me how I can get one of those pics on my posts?
Find a pic you like and upload it via the avatar control panel in your profile. Make sure it's less than 120 X 120 pixels. If you have trouble, ask me or pktrekgirl to help you.

Oh, and howdy.
inglis

Post by inglis »

bradtexasranger wrote:Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Can someone tell me how I can get one of those pics on my posts?
Hi Brad ! Good to see ya here .I look forward to seeing your posts Cheers Carol
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hi, friends. I sort of feel like I'm trying to sneak in the back door of the Silver Sandal in jeans and tennis shoes since I don't have an avatar and I can't decide on a good by-line. Hi, anyway. It's nice to see familiar names and read such interesting and educational posts. B
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Hello, BIRDY! So nice to see you here, I hope you like it and feel welcome :D
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome Birdy! "Jeans and tennis shoes" are de rigeur here, though that might seem like formal wear somedays. Hope you enjoy the place and the people.

Belated welcome to Bradtexasranger too, since I was out of town and out of touch when you first touched down here. Hope that this will soon seem like home for both of you too.
inglis

AFI 100 best films

Post by inglis »

Hello all! Did any of you catch the AFI films last night, and if you did what did you think about the movie choices ? I myself did not really get excited about Citizen Cane being in the number one spot,although that has never been a favorite of mine so I guess I am a little predudiced on that one.
Chris I thought about you last night when they mentined Duck Soup,and Lynn you, when The Searchers came up. Carol
inglis

Re: AFI 100 best films

Post by inglis »

inglis wrote:Hello all! Did any of you catch the AFI films last night, and if you did what did you think about the movie choices ? I myself did not really get excited about Citizen Cane being in the number one spot,although that has never been a favorite of mine so I guess I am a little predudiced on that one.
Chris I thought about you last night when they mentined Duck Soup,and Lynn you, when The Searchers came up. Carol
please excuse me I might have not put this question under the proper thread :oops:
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: AFI 100 best films

Post by movieman1957 »

inglis wrote: Chris I thought about you last night when they mentined Duck Soup. Carol
How nice to be thought of, thank you.

P.S. "General Chat" is as good a place as any just start a new topic.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
inglis

Canada Day

Post by inglis »

A very happy Canada day to all my fellow Canadian's ,although I think Larry might be my only fellow Canadian here, but what the heck Happy Canada Day Larry if you are out there, and a very happy Fourth Of July to all my friends here who are from the States, Carol
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Hi Carol! I was going to post this over on the other board, but I decided to post it here:

It's a pic of my little dog with her swimsuit on :D Ain't she somethin'? Happy Fourth and Canada Day to you, too!

Just for the record, those aren't my hands :wink: They're my Dad's.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

That's a cute pic. 8) What's her name?
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:That's a cute pic. 8) What's her name?
Thanks, and her name is Jules, after Mr. Munshin ;) She had alot of fun until she tasted the water :shock: :P
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Jules looks a little worried to me in that cute picture. Is it the thought of going for a swim that's troubling her? I've actually seen little water wings that you can get for a dog, if you think that might be needed... :wink:
bobhopefan1940

re: moirafinnie

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

:D Yes, she was giving a good, sharp cut of her eyes to the scary waves! Like me, she doesn't care much for the water. She did wade in the little sand bar pools, but that's about it.

She's just a little spoiled :wink: