hi

Chit-chat, current events
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Welcome, Inglis, and nice to see another John Wayne fan made it over to these trails! :D
inglis

Post by inglis »

Hello to all !
I wanted to just share a bit with you . It was my birthday yesterday May 30th .I turned 49 and am holding now LOL . I got a biography on John Wayne that my daughter researched and did on the computer for me complete with clip art. My son did a drawing of a rocket ship and the moon and sky .We have a saying in our house ,I love you as big as the sky and my son was letting me know that with his drawing. My hubbie man got me the 50th Anniversary edition of The Searchers and I am most excited to watch it .I saw some of it last night but was getting tired and thats one movie I do not want to fall asleep on .I will catch up with it this weekend .Have a great day everybody and thans for letting me share with you ! :D
inglis

Thank you and hello

Post by inglis »

MissGoddess wrote:Welcome, Inglis, and nice to see another John Wayne fan made it over to these trails! :D
Thank you Miss Goddess for your greeting .Its nice to be here in all this good company Cheers, Inglis
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I wish I would have known it was your birthday. It sounds like you got many nice presents. I hope it was a lovely day. A belated but most hearty Happy Birthday!
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
vallo

Post by vallo »

Happy Birthday inglis. I'm a Gemini also May 21st. But I'm a tad bit older. Enjoy your Day....

vallo (Bill)
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Happy belated birthday, Carol!

My younger brother also has a birthday on May 30, and he never forgave Richard Nixon for changing the federal holidays to Mondays (for the three-day weekend), so that he could no longer count on a day off from school/work on his Memorial Day birthday.

But it sounds like it was a good day for you, and I wish you many more.

Judith
inglis

Post by inglis »

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, much apprecaited . Cheers Carol
klondike

Post by klondike »

jdb1 wrote:Happy belated birthday, Carol!

My younger brother also has a birthday on May 30, and he never forgave Richard Nixon for changing the federal holidays to Mondays (for the three-day weekend), so that he could no longer count on a day off from school/work on his Memorial Day birthday.

But it sounds like it was a good day for you, and I wish you many more.

Judith
I can sympathize big-time with your sib, jdb1: my B-day's (did I just say bidet?! Oh, I am flushed with embarrassment!) happens to be January 15th, same as MLK, Jr, and when MLK Day went federal, I felt like I'd won a kind of lottery . .
Then here comes the Monday Mavens!
Oh well . . my employees all like it that way! :?

P.S: Forgive my rudeness, Carol; Happy Belated Birthday! :o

Klondike
Last edited by klondike on June 5th, 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

Hello everyone! It's good to finally be here and see a lot of my friends from the TCM board! I really only have time to register and say hi today, but I plan on doing a lot of exploring on here in the next few days. Look forward to chatting it up with yall! :) Thanks for inviting me, mrsl.
:D
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hey Brad, nice to see ya!
-Dewey
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Klondike,

Waving to another Capricorn! Mine is the day after yours! How weird is that?

Happy Belated Birthday, Carol! I hope it was a glorious day.

Welcome also to Mr Ranger!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

bradtexasranger wrote:Hello everyone! It's good to finally be here and see a lot of my friends from the TCM board! I really only have time to register and say hi today, but I plan on doing a lot of exploring on here in the next few days. Look forward to chatting it up with yall! :) Thanks for inviting me, mrsl.
:D
Howdy, Brad! :D
klondike

Post by klondike »

Brad: Howdy, Friend! Mighty good to see ya, ya ol' jackalope!
Spank the trail dust off your chaps, and grab yourself some porch rail; Hollis is cookin' up some chili, and I'm cookin' some . . . well, it pours like water . . and it can be very popular, sometimes . .
So what ya think of the new Address?
Moira built the original model from tinker-toys, then Jon digitalized it, and Pktrekgirl did one of those blink-blink-nods, like the chick from the bottle, and ska-pow, the future is now!
(Bingo's on Thursday!)
Lynn: Being Seagoatesque is not easy, is it? Don't ya hate it when folks get cranky because you're nearly always right?! I mean sometimes other signs can be factually correct, but how often can they do so from the moral high ground?
Not often, I would guess!
(sigh) 8)
Such is the burden of the esoterically superior!

Klondike
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Well, my, my, the old Texican kid is here. Welcome Brad, boy.

Klondike, and Lynn, no wonder we all enjoy a lot of the same things, Our sign makes us such easy-going, little 'kids' it's a simple fact! I'm the 12th.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Can someone tell me how I can get one of those pics on my posts?