hi

Chit-chat, current events
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

Inglis, your post made me smile. How wonderful of you to surprise your daughter with Hillary Duff tickets! My parents used to do things like that when I was a kid and those are some of my very best memories from my childhood. I imagine your daughter will feel the same way when she gets older. I'm glad you both had a good time!

I have to admit, I like Hillary Duff as well. I've heard some of her songs and they kind of grow on you--and compared to other singers in her group, she's someone I'd let my daughter listen to (if I had a daughter). She really seems like she had her head screwed on straight.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
inglis

Post by inglis »

Hi Sugarpuss .Thank you ! My Mom was alot like that with me and I feel like when I do these things with my daughter my Mom is a part of it too. Nice to meet you !
inglis

Post by inglis »

Hi Christy .
Glad you liked my posts on tcm .I have not been there in awhile .I went on famous lines there a few weeks ago and I had a hard time getting on .I did manage to answer a bit of trivia on another post but when it was my turn to ask I could not get on .I think they have been having problems there .Take care , Carol
inglis

Merry Christmas

Post by inglis »

Hi to all the Silver Screen posters .
I would like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2008 . I am off from school for next 2 weeks and am looking forward to having some down time with my family.I have a little story to share ,I was doing my shift at the school on Friday and one of the kids threw up in the hallway .The teacher pressed the intercom button to get the school custodian to come and clean it up.I quickly just grabbed some paper towels and wiped up the mess .I then ran to get a fresh bag and to toss the smelly bag away. I ran into Wayne , who was on his way down to clean up the mess and promptly told him I cleaned it up and I wished him a Merry Christmas .I think he was happy .It felt good to do that for him. Cheers ,Carol aka Inglis
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Hi

Post by movieman1957 »

Hi all:

It is a slow day here at work. (Why else would I have dug up an 18 month old thread?) It seems to have been very, very quiet here lately. Apart from Allison's move to a new home I guess many have been on vacation.

Has anyone done anything fun or have anything planned for the summer?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: hi

Post by Lzcutter »

Chris,

Last weekend we had the good fortune of having SueSueApplegate stay with us! She came out from Texas to visit her god-daughter in Victorville and made a side trip into the City of Angels to visit us.

I picked her up at Burbank/Bob Hope Airport that Friday and whisked her off to our casa after stopping to buy crickets and worms for our turtles.

I had met her previously in Las Vegas during the summer of 2007 but Mr Cutter had not yet had the pleasure. They hit it off just fine!

We sat around eating pizza, cocktails and watching the 1939 documentary on TCM.

The next day, we had a small group of friends over including Filmlover, for a BBQue so she could meet some Angelenos.

On Sunday, while Mr. C was at work, I gave her a whirlwind tour of Hollywood, including the DeMille barn, (where she played the piano) and took her down to Culver City to see the old MGM studios and the Selznick Studio.

Monday came too soon and I had to take her out to the dark side of the moon (Rancho Cucamunga) so she could meet up with her god-daughter.

I'm hoping she sees this thread as she and her family went to the Film Museum in Lone Pine and I want to hear about that!

Going to the Academy on Friday night to see the Tribute to Mel Brooks with Mel, Carl Reiner, Teri Garr and Cloris Leachman.

Should be a hoot!

I'm sure to have a report about that over the weekend!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If you talk to her again give her my regards. I hope you noted that she is greatly missed here.
Chris

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Chris,

The three of us will be visiting Boston on Saturday through Tuesday. The trip will include our first visit to Fenway Park.

The Red Sox are playing some team from Baltimore.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Hopefully, the visiting team won't embarrass themselves. I'm not counting on it though.
Chris

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Dear Lynn,

I had an absolute blast! It was so wonderful to "Go Hollywood" with you and Mr. Cutter and
meet all your pals and enjoy the great barbecues we had. Yummmy!

I love the weather in L.A. and all the exciting things there are to do.

Thank you so much!

Love,
Christy
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor