hi

Chit-chat, current events
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

A spoiled pet is a happy one! Don't ask me how I know (said the owner of 3 dogs and 4 cats)! 8)
inglis

Jules

Post by inglis »

Bob !
What a great shot of your dog.My Daughter is on with me and thought it looked really cute .What a beautiful little dog .Do you have anymore outfits for Jules? I am glad you posted it here.Thanks for sharing that with us. Hope you are having a great Fourth Of July. Take care ,Carol
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Good Morning,

My second nominee, Reiko (rainee) from TCM boards has finally gotten in touch with me and I have invited her to join here.
I certainly hope she does.

My first, of course, was Carol (inglis) and she's with us, I'm happy to say!!

Love Ya All!!!!
Larry
inglis

your words

Post by inglis »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Good Morning,

My second nominee, Reiko (rainee) from TCM boards has finally gotten in touch with me and I have invited her to join here.
I certainly hope she does.

My first, of course, was Carol (inglis) and she's with us, I'm happy to say!!

Love Ya All!!!! Thanks Larry ! That was sweet of you
Larry
inglis

Summer

Post by inglis »

Hi To All!
I have been quite busy and have not been on for a bit . We so far have had a very good Summer ,lots of hot hot days and have been enjoying my time with kids.I took my daughter to see Hillary Duff on Saturday,Winnipeg was her first stop on her new tour. I did not tell my daughter I had tickets ,it was a surprise .My daughter had been wanting to see her for a number of years and this time I bought tickets. We set it up that we were going to go downtown to see the new hydro building that Manitoba Hydro is building and before that I had her dress up and told her that her Dad wanted to take family portraits.She had no idea what was going on .We got dropped off and I told her dad needed to park the car and that he would meet us there.We started walking towards MTS center where the concert was and I told her I needed to go use a washroom ,it was funny as my daughter was suggesting all these stores to go in and I was telling her they were closed ,which they were. Well we went into the center and she said oh ya the Hillary Duff concert is tonight and I went into my purse and pulled out 2 tickets,well the look on her face was priceless.I have to say though that I really enjoyed the show .Great dancing and just the outing with my daughter was worth every penny.Cheers Inglis
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

What a wonderful and ingenius way to surprise your daughter! Thanks for the smile of the day :D
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Inglis:

What a nice Mom! Doing it that way probably made it even better for you than if she knew and planned for it.

The only problem is, now I have to go to imdB and find out who Hillary Duff is.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Carol:

I have not been on much, but I'm so glad I came in here to read your latest post! My parents did something like this for me, and I have to say I have never forgotten it... As I'm sure you're daughter never will!

I actually really like Hilary Duff :oops: Don't tell anyone, I'm too old to qualify as a fan :wink:

Boy, this is a breath of fresh air as always! Thanks...

Danny
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
knitwit45

Good Mommies

Post by knitwit45 »

Hi Carol.
What a lovely day you gave your daughter. I'm sure she will always remember it. Thanks for sharing, it's really nice to read a positive note, and it certainly brightened my day.

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
inglis

nice feed back

Post by inglis »

Bob Brad ,Anne, and Knitwit.
Thanks for your comments. Bob I have to say that I really do like Hillary Duff too! It seems that she is very grounded when you look at what the others are into .So I am happy that my daughter likes her and the music she does. There was alot of strong messages that Hillary was singing about and I do believe she is a positive role model for young girls. Good to hear from you all , talk to you soon ,Inglis
inglis

kids back at school

Post by inglis »

Hello everyone!
It has been sometime since I was last here and I just wanted to come on and say I have missed you guys.My kids went back to school yesterday and I have had a feeling of being disconnected and a little out of sorts .It's nice to see them go back but I feel a little lonely today .I am back at work as well doing the lunchtime program.I feel a little out of the loop so I will have to look around and see whats new. I hope you are all well and that life is being good to you . Cheers Carol
bradtexasranger

Post by bradtexasranger »

Hello Carol,

I haven't been on either board much lately either, it's good to see you're still around. Hope to hear more from you!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

What a sweet surprise for your daughter. My folks liked to surprise me like that once in a while, and I have lots of wonderful memories. Sounds like you made one for her with that Hillary Duff concert!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
inglis

Post by inglis »

Hi Christy . Nice to meet you and thanks for your comments .
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I used to read your posts at the "other" place....Glad you're here!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor