News Media Priorities

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

News Media Priorities

Post by ken123 »

I am very proud of our new media when it decides to cover the events that really need to be throughly covered such as Paris Hilton. Two wars are now beening fought by Americans and a third war ( Iran ) likely in the near future, a government out of control.Fox,CNN, MSNBC stand tall - you deserve it ! :roll:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I stumbled across a panel discussion about her and there must have been five people on it. I agree with you on this one. All the mess going on and all anyone can talk about if Paris. It's beyond sad.

I hope when she's out everyone(!) in the media can get on with life.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

So, does it make me a bad person if I admit I watched some of the Paris "news" coverage Friday afternoon? Because I totally was. I just wanted to see her get thrown back into the slammer.

It was absolutely surreal to see all the media attention on her though. Helicopters, press conferences and "experts" all being dragged out for a spoiled brat who's famous for nothing! It really boggles the mind. Sometimes I can't believe this country and what it's priorities are, yet I'll watch some of it for a good laugh. I'm horrible.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Sugarpuss,

Mr Cutter and I are already taking bets as to when the navel gazing will begin with the press and all the mea culpeas will start to flow.

Once we get past the weekend, the more "legit" news stations and papers will begin to apologize for their frenzied behavior and promise not to succumb to the frenzy ever again.

Which will only last until the next frenzy.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Lzcutter wrote:Sugarpuss,

Once we get past the weekend, the more "legit" news stations and papers will begin to apologize for their frenzied behavior and promise not to succumb to the frenzy ever again.

Which will only last until the next frenzy.
That will be when she gets out of jail.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."