Merry Christmas!

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Lzcutter »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

MrCutter was kind enough to put up the Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'll try to take some pics and post them. We also decorate a bit inside. Our house is kind of small and now that we have Bo, the family german shepard we inherited in October when my mom moved to a very nice retirement home, he's more the size of shetland pony than a dog, it seems even smaller. We have a small fiber optic silver tree that we put up as well as garlands and silver wreath.

But, in the spirit of the season, here is Darlene Love on her annual Christmas appearance with David Letterman (and don't forget to tune in or DVR his show Friday night when she will be back) singing one of my favorites (no one sings it like it her):

[youtube][/youtube]
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

[youtube][/youtube]

still my favorite Christmas Song!!!! :D
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I love Suzy Snowflake too ... :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hahaha! Quite the revenge. As messed up ad head spinning as our politics are, I bet yours are that much more so... :D
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

Happy Christmas to you, folks!

Just wanted to pop in for a moment and say that. I'm missing you. Hoping to be in your company again soon. My best to you this season, and always.

And, Fossy: you're so sweet.

Cheers!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Merry Christmas, Carrie Liz! :D
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thank you for the reminder, Masha! Alice has been getting goodies in her slippers ever since she was a little girl. I would have forgotten to have her put out the slippers if you hadn't mentioned it. :D
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

This is as good a thread as any to ask this question. Isn't there a movie where Fred MacMurray is a parole officer, and takes a female client home for the holidays? The client might even be Stanwyck. I'm not sure. What is the name of that thing?
Jezebel38

Post by Jezebel38 »

RedRiver wrote:This is as good a thread as any to ask this question. Isn't there a movie where Fred MacMurray is a parole officer, and takes a female client home for the holidays? The client might even be Stanwyck. I'm not sure. What is the name of that thing?
Red - that is REMEMBER THE NIGHT (1940) with Fred and Stanny.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032981/?re ... lmg_act_73
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Thank you. As I'm in the library right now, I'll see if they have it. I like this one better than CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

It's a super movie, and I agree about it being better than Christmas in Connecticut.