Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: Memes

Post by Intrepid37 »

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Dargo wrote: June 6th, 2023, 7:51 pm And ironically, the very words Molotov spoke to Ribbentrop as they shook hands after signing that infamous pact in '39.

(...but being the student of history that you are, I'm sure you already knew this, didn't ya Masha)

;)
Nobody knows that, Dargo. Well, maybe one or two old people.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 6th, 2023, 8:42 pm Image
I’ve often said to my students and faculty members that Elvis is a bad seed. Nobody should be able to sing like that and dance around on top of it like that unless he is a bad seed. I don’t know much about seeds, mind you, but I know a bad one when I hear and see one. Elvis is bad through and through and we should have all of his records and video performances destroyed. If only for the sake of our children. Our poor innocent children.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Thompson wrote: June 7th, 2023, 2:23 am I’ve often said to my students and faculty members that Elvis is a bad seed. Nobody should be able to sing like that and dance around on top of it like that unless he is a bad seed. I don’t know much about seeds, mind you, but I know a bad one when I hear and see one. Elvis is bad through and through and we should have all of his records and video performances destroyed. If only for the sake of our children. Our poor innocent children.
😆
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

We can keep a couple songs I guess. Blue Christmas and some other ones from his fat period. The Peanut Butter Sandwich song is classic. There are some other ones but I get them confused with Johnny Cash standards like A Boy Named Sue.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Actually I think Johnny Cash is a true and great singer and he sings behind the beat when he wants to, which is not easy to do, just ask Billie Holiday.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Thompson wrote: June 7th, 2023, 2:23 am
Our poor innocent children.
I have been around children when their mothers were not present. I strongly believe that no child is truly 'innocent'. Some just hide it better than others.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I only like some of Elvis' songs. Then again, not a fan of The Beatles or Stones.
Johnny Cash is a different story. Better than Willie Nelson.
Keep in mind, Rock N Roll was The Devil's music.
It was a time when kids had their own music and I think the parents just didn't get it.
Most of today's music is junk, but that's just me.
To me, the best music ever made spun at 78 RPM.
Some of that music came from the World War II years.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

And so keeping with this musical theme here...

laffite

Post by laffite »

I have never used 'pop' nor 'soda.' Not a part of some Divine plan, just too non-specific. But yes, there is a hint of disdain for their use. If a soda or pop is ordered, then the question must be what kind? All that wasted breath.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Masha wrote: June 7th, 2023, 11:15 am
I have been around children when their mothers were not present. I strongly believe that no child is truly 'innocent'. Some just hide it better than others.
I believe you are right Masha, it’s the parents who are under the impression of innocence. But, I was trying to funny with the Elvis post. I guess if I could have an epitaph it would be Thompson did not approve of any form of censorship. He did not like to be bossed around. And bossed around he was.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: June 7th, 2023, 11:15 am
I give a pass to these children. During formative years it is human nature to try to see what they can get away with. It's the beast in them. It is within their creative nature to do so. Hopefully they will get correction by good parents. Loss of innocence is later when they know better but nevertheless calculate deceit. Perhaps only a slight distinction but there is a line there somewhere.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
laffite

Post by laffite »

No, he didn't. He composed most (or much) of his music before he became deaf. Or am I being a partypooper? Still, the premise is off the mark. Maybe I am too fond of Beethoven. It is arresting though that he never heard a single note of the great Ninth Symphony!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I was walking down the street this morning, or maybe it was early afternoon, and I came upon one of those old time coin purses. You squeeze it and that’s how you get at the coins. A rubber material. Anyway, I found this coin purse with the name laffite etched on the back and it had two pennies and a nickel in it. I thought immediately of my good friend Laffite on the Board and thought maybe he lost it during his decadent descent into Mardi Gras this year.