Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: Memes

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 10:38 am It is my experience that most male egos are like Dutch tears: the slightest wrong touch shatters them into dust.
Well, maybe you're one of those rare ones who are so mesmerizingly attractive that men are terrified of not having you think well of them.

But, more realistically, the only thing that can truly wreck a man's ego is to hear a woman - or women - say that his you-know-what is unable to provide any satisfaction.

Men don't consider that the slightest wrong. That - and only that - is the destroyer of male ego.

And every woman knows this.

The only defense a man has to it is if he knows from experience that she's lying. Far too many men aren't capable of knowing that, though.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 10:48 am
Well, maybe you're one of those rare ones who are so mesmerizingly attractive that men are terrified of not having you think well of them.
I will not claim to be a great beauty but men are generally terrified of me.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:16 am
Your proficiency with firearms have anything to do with that?
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 10:38 am my little Fuzzy ... "I am obviously the greatest man in the world."
What a terrific button push. :) I'd be smiling for at least a week.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Writers are a hard lot. The road is hard and they become hard. Everything is hard. But every once in a while a writer will nail it. And then the road is worth it. For a little while anyway.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:19 am
Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:16 am I will not claim to be a great beauty but men are generally terrified of me.
I have been trained and remain reasonably competent with knife, garrote and Katana also. That has little to do with the fear I see in men's eyes.

It is my sharp wit and devastating sarcasm that often frightens them.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 12:49 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:19 am
Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:16 am I will not claim to be a great beauty but men are generally terrified of me.
I have been trained and remain reasonably competent with knife, garrote and Katana also. That has little to do with the fear I see in men's eyes.

It is my sharp wit and devastating sarcasm that often frightens them.
Over the many, many years I've been reading your posts, you have provided me the largest quantity of smiles of anyone from the TCM boards - all because of that wit of yours. I've not found your sarcasm to be at all devastating - though I can imagine it's a much milder example we get in posts as opposed to real life with you.

What I'm clumsily saying is, I'm a long-time fan.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 10:00 am Image
Sorry, THAT's none of your business!
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m not. I’m not the least bit afraid of women. Oh sure, they can try to twist your nose off and scratch your face up real good, but they can’t hurt your feelings, and if you ignore them long enough they go away.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Thompson wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 6:10 pm
I’m not. I’m not the least bit afraid of women. Oh sure, they can try to twist your nose off and scratch your face up real good, but they can’t hurt your feelings, and if you ignore them long enough they go away.
(Removed video)
Last edited by jimimac71 on May 25th, 2023, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37 wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 1:26 pm
Over the many, many years I've been reading your posts, you have provided me the largest quantity of smiles of anyone from the TCM boards - all because of that wit of yours. I've not found your sarcasm to be at all devastating - though I can imagine it's a much milder example we get in posts as opposed to real life with you.
I thank you greatly for your very kind words. It is nice to know that you keep me around for some reason other than my pretty face.

You are right in that my sarcasm was greatly muffled on the TCM forum. I would have been mortified if I had ever been censured there. The reasons for this were twofold: First that I did not properly gauge my audience's tolerance and went further than protocol warranted and: Second that I phrased a reply so crudely that a TCM moderator understood fully how insulting I intended it to be. I recall that I once did post the phrase: Моє судно на повітряній подушці повне вугрів. A moderator did ask through private message what it meant. They seemed to actually believe what I told them and I heard no more of it.

I believe that the only person with whom I have been sarcastic on this forum is: Dargo but that is because he knows well what awaits when he interacts with me.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

My stated dislike of tattoos - particularly on women - just got me banned from another forum.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Can't delete post, but removed videos.
Last edited by jimimac71 on May 25th, 2023, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masha

Post by Masha »

jimimac71 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:01 pm I have two songs Masha about looking good or not.
(I have a song for everything)
I am sure that they are quite nice but there are other threads for music and YouTube links in this forum.