Masha wrote: January 20th, 2023, 11:46 am Image
LOL

For a nano second there, I ...

///
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Masha

Re: Memes

Post by Masha »

Did you know that the word: 'gullible' is not in the dictionary?
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Masha wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:59 pm Did you know that the word: 'gullible' is not in the dictionary?
It’s in mine sure enough. 2004 Miriam-Webster paperback edition — “easily duped or cheated” — it’s an adjective.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

And I’m sorry Masha, I’ve been saying gullible very slow for a good while now and it does not sound close to oranges. So I don’t get it.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I’m not sure what memes means either, to tell you the truth.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Is memes a noun, adjective, adverb, preposition, or something else altogether, or a verb? I could look it up of course, but that usually is fruitless. Meme or memes is not in my Miriam-Webster 2004 paperback dictionary.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 pm And I’m sorry Masha, I’ve been saying gullible very slow for a good while now and it does not sound close to oranges. So I don’t get it.
In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

(...and when ya get done with this, I've got some other words like "credulous", "deceivable" and "impressionable" you can do this same thing with as well, and then tell me what fruit they begin to sound like)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:32 pm In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

(...and when ya get done with this, I've got some other words like "credulous", "deceivable" and "impressionable" you can do this same thing with as well, and then tell me what fruit they begin to sound like)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 pm And I’m sorry Masha, I’ve been saying gullible very slow for a good while now and it does not sound close to oranges. So I don’t get it.
The two words are so far apart that one knows immediately it is nonsense. If one starts to sound the word to see ... then that person is a g-word person.

Thompson, with respect. Are you on the sauce when posting? Or is this old news. if so, it certainly is not becoming.
//
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Well laffite, while YOU may find Thompson's missives around here as unbecoming, I have to admit they still quite often make ME laugh out loud!

(...uh-huh, kind'a like how I'll now ALSO admit to laughing out loud back when I'd watch Foster Brooks on those old Dean Martin roast shows) ;)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:28 pm
Dargo wrote: January 20th, 2023, 7:32 pm In that case Thompson, try saying the word "dupable" really really slowly, and then tell me if it doesn't sound like "pineapple"!

LOL

Ya know, I've always said your comedic timing was excellent, don't ya Masha?!

(...uh-huh, even back when you used to go by that other name) ;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:43 am Well laffite, while YOU may find Thompson's missives around here as unbecoming, I have to admit they still quite often make ME laugh out loud!

(...uh-huh, kind'a like how I'll now ALSO admit to laughing out loud back when I'd watch Foster Brooks on those old Dean Martin roast shows) ;)
Then enjoy on! Perhaps I am mistaken. Apologies to Thompson if that's the case. And now "to my shame" I must admit that some of that stuff he writes (pedantry alert) reminds me of one of Louis-Ferdinand Celine's (1891-1964) down and out anti-heros, such as appears in Journey to the End of the Night (1932). Now I am enabling him, Dargo, and it's all your fault. Just kidding, friend Dargo. I think I read some contrary remarks about T and thought perhaps that in my grandiosity I was acting in the public interest, as if I were Speaker of the House or that great someone somewhere in some high and exalted and horrible place where judgement of others reigns supreme, a group where I certainly would fain not belong. I do retract my post to Thompson as being either too familiar, rude, or inappropriate in some inevitable way. Peace, Thompson.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:52 am Ya know, I've always said your comedic timing was excellent, don't ya Masha?!

How do you know that was me and not my evil twin?

How do you know that I am not the evil twin?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:50 pm
Dargo wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:52 am Ya know, I've always said your comedic timing was excellent, don't ya Masha?!

How do you know that was me and not my evil twin?

How do you know that I am not the evil twin?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Whaddaya mean "evil twin" here, Marsha???

Heck, I always considered both "Masha" AND "SansFin" as being "evil".

(...but in a good way, of course) ;)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:16 pm Whaddaya mean "evil twin" here, Marsha???

Heck, I always considered both "Masha" AND "SansFin" as being "evil".

(...but in a good way, of course) ;)
Smile when say that, pardner!

Oh. You did.

Nevermind.