In my own little world

Chit-chat, current events
Masha

Re: In my own little world

Post by Masha »

Thompson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:04 pm I didn’t know it was possible to get a legit script for opiates any more. I got some reefer from the landlord on loan so we shall see. That was an excellent post Masha, and thanks for your advise. I’m afraid to take a bath these days though, Good Night Irene keeps playing in my head . . . that notion to jump in the river and drown.
I found when I moved here that most pharmacies do not carry my medication. I suppose this is due to it not being commonly prescribed. The base pharmacy at a nearby military facility fills it for me as a courtesy.

I know from personal experience that some people fail to keep up with new inventions and developments as they age but there is one which I believe you should know: they have now things called: 'tubs' so that one does not have to bathe in the river. They are more convenient and you do not have to share the water with fish which are voiding their bowels or mating. It is much less easy to drown in one also. You may wish to check with a local plumber to see if one might be installed in your home.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: January 4th, 2023, 4:14 pm
Thompson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:04 pm I didn’t know it was possible to get a legit script for opiates any more. I got some reefer from the landlord on loan so we shall see. That was an excellent post Masha, and thanks for your advise. I’m afraid to take a bath these days though, Good Night Irene keeps playing in my head . . . that notion to jump in the river and drown.
I found when I moved here that most pharmacies do not carry my medication. I suppose this is due to it not being commonly prescribed. The base pharmacy at a nearby military facility fills it for me as a courtesy.

I know from personal experience that some people fail to keep up with new inventions and developments as they age but there is one which I believe you should know: they have now things called: 'tubs' so that one does not have to bathe in the river. They are more convenient and you do not have to share the water with fish which are voiding their bowels or mating. It is much less easy to drown in one also. You may wish to check with a local plumber to see if one might be installed in your home.
Yes, all well and good here Masha, but if I recall correctly, Thompson has told us in the past that he presently resides in the same sort of a locale and in the very same sort of accommodations as Matt Foley (Chris Farley actually) says he does here...

Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:17 pm Sorry to hear this. As you might have guessed, I was thinking all this had been behind you by now and that you were back to the job of fixing up your new home...well, new to you and your little fuzzy, anyway.

Loved the part about how you described all of your heathcare workers being quite a bit younger than you. Funny how this seems to come about eventually, isn't it. And, funny how you described this situation as well, I might add.

(...hope you're feeling better soon, and thanks for the update here)
I thank you for your kind wishes. I can assure you that it is not truly serious. I can shrug off the body aches and headaches as being no worse than often felt on a day after a night before. The occasional coughing is a wonderful excuse to sip a little more of this wonderful Theraflu. The absolute worst part is the feeling that my get-up-and-go got up and went. I am a worthless lump. One may dream of being able to lay in bed all day with nothing to do but it quickly became a sentence for some heinous crime which I did not know I committed.

A worrisome aspect is that atypical pneumonia can be caused by exposure to mold. Reconstructing a timeline backwards reveals that uncovering the mold behind the paneling roughly corresponds with the incubation time for some common molds. The bright point is that I am not much more ill because that would mean it was aggressive and might need serious treatment. The fact that it has been kept mostly at bay means my body is capable of fighting it.

I am reminded of a doctor long ago who would often say I would be fine if I was a good girl for a week or two. Oh how we both laughed!

I checked with two online weather services before leaving to do errands. Both said we were having light snow. I went to the gas station, bank, post office, pharmacy and lumber yard. Ten-point-eight miles. I counted a grand total of seventeen snowflakes. I grant that I could count only those which were sufficiently large and sufficiently close for me to see and that there many have been multitudes of microflakes within a two mile radius but I would not term that: 'light snow'. I can not think of a proper term but there must be one.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

“I went to the gas station, bank, post office, pharmacy and lumber yard.” — Masha

The gas station seems to be the place to be. That’s the place where you can get rid of your trapped gas, give your trapped gas to somebody else, let them crawl around on the floor in acute pain from trapped gas. But no, you can’t wish that trapped gas on anybody. That’s the meanest lowdownest thing a man can do to another man.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But it’s easing now. It’s passing. Ever so gently
. There is a bug on my phone, now he went away, now he came back. I’m not worried about the bug. The Pain is easing. This is the best part of the evening.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Looks like someone's been in the bug powder again.
Watching until the end.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So yeah, pain pain pain. After awhile you get mad at the pain. You do not like the pain one bit and it’s obvious that when looking back you did not deserve this pain, so there is something askew here, something’s wrong. But then the pain eases, ever so gently, and you forget the pain, you no longer feel any pain. In fact, you just passed a trapped gas!! Go ahead Thompson!
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Oh no, don’t fool yourself, the pain will come back. It’s already back. It’s 4:45 on a Thursday morning and the pain is right there saying “good morning, here is some pain.” And the neighbor is shooting off left over fireworks and scaring the cats, and I had all the treats ready and some tuna the kind they like but they’ll be gone now for a couple days thanks to the leftover fireworks. Thanks.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Good Lord, now it’s 2:51 on Friday morning. It’s Out Of Hand. But there is no crying on this message board, there’s no crying in baseball.
laffite

Post by laffite »

ooo-kay
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So I was down to the vanilla extract. I tried to make it to the liquor store but failed then tried to stumble to the 24 - 7 Ms. Mae’s The Club barroom and fell down. Got back unharmed and took another pull of the extract. It is 2:30 in the morning and BINGO - an idea enters! Delivery! I bet I can get some beer and a bottle of hard delivered! I can probably add some cat food and aspirin too! And yes sir you can do that easy as pie. I used gopuff. They were real fast, the driver used his own ID to scan because my state ID has a “permanent “ as an expiration date and the scanner from the driver rejected the ID. He also helped put out the fire I set to my hair accidentally when I used my cigarette lighter to illuminate the subject.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Thompson wrote: January 10th, 2023, 1:58 pm So I was down to the vanilla extract . . .
Yo, Thompson!

Ever think about changing your avatar to Charles Bukowski?

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

EP, I spent a night with Bukowski in Milwaukee. He gave a reading at the university. Met him at the airport and helped get him situated. I was just a second fiddle but I was privy to a lot of stuff. He was just as advertised. Got 86’d from a local bar for throwing his wine glass and breaking the bar mirror. Told me Bob Dylan has a weak chin and he doesn’t like him. Told me Randy Newman is his song writer of choice. He’s a small guy, his reading at the university was not great but it was certainly good enough. I’ve read most of his stuff, if not all, and I to continue to crack up at his fantastic sense of humor. Bukowski was the man who spotted that undrunk two fingers of beer left in the glass at the bar when Mickey Roarke stood up to leave in Bar Fly. Bukowski jumped up and yelled “CUT CUT CUT.” “ There is absolutely no way my barfly character is going to leave a drop of beer in his glass. No way.” So the scene was reshot. So, in honor of Charles Bukowski, I keep a sharp eye out for errors like that.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Then later, I sent him a letter from USL saying I was going to do my honor’s thesis on him. Believe it or not he sent me a letter back! Told me they’d probably kick my ash out of school. Then he included a drawing of a man sitting with a jug and smoking. It got lost, the letter and drawing, caught on fire I think.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Thompson wrote: January 10th, 2023, 3:53 pm . . . He’s a small guy . . .
According to descriptions of Bukowski on the Web, he was six feet tall or almost six feet tall.

What are you, a basketball player?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields