Great to see so many familiar names

Chit-chat, current events
Rainee

Great to see so many familiar names

Post by Rainee »

Hi everyone and good morning,

I just wanted to thank Larry for the invitation to join in this fantastic site. And thanks to those who have taken the time and care to set up a wonderful place to discuss the obsession of movies. It's a great forum with fair rules of conduct.

I enjoyed the TCM boards very much but they where getting a bit rough. I felt sorry for the young people who came there for answers but received insults. Some posters where intentionally cruel. I think one of the last straws for me was the discussion of Robert Osbourne's slurred speech. He was labled a drunk even though there are a dozen reasons for slurred speech.

Take care
Reiko

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler
Vecchiolarry

Welcome!!!!

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Reiko,

Glad you made it onboard and welcome!!!!!!
I know you will enjoy the positive and relaxed atmosphere here.

Larry
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hi Reiko - Welcome aboard; I look forward to hearing more from you!!

All the best,
Dewey
klondike

Post by klondike »

Welcome, Reiko; it's our backyard campfire season, so spread out your blanket, or (if you don't mind a little "waffle-butt") pull up a milk-crate, cause soon as Lynn gets back out here with the fixin's, we're all makin' s'mores!
Don't worry 'bout missing any classic movies, there's a big ol' B&W Zenith plugged-in & warmed up on the verandah, and it gets only the old movie channels.
We can see the screen from here, and Jon's got it wired to a drive-in speaker nailed to that fir tree by the garage, so there's plenty of warning if anything comes on that we want to scoot over & watch.
And Reiko, rest assured that although we all get as excited as little kids, talkin' about these great old movies, we're committed to behaving like well-raised, small-town folk on this site; we take a lot of pride in the way we treat each other, and how passionately we promote and support the discussion of all Cinema.
So . .
Settle in, and then jump on in anywhere you like, and as often as you like; I think you'll be surprised just how fast we all get to know you here, and how quickly you begin to feel "right at home".
If you need help with anything on or about this site, feel free to give a shout for assistance, particularly to us Moderators.
Just like the best urban police forces, we are here to Serve & Protect!
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Welcome, Reiko; it's our backyard campfire season, so spread out your blanket, or (if you don't mind a little "waffle-butt") pull up a milk-crate, cause soon as Lynn gets back out here with the fixin's, we're all makin' s'mores!
Welcome Reiko! Glad to see you here.

S'mores are my favorite and they are ready to eat! Moira will be out shortly with the coffee and the night caps.

Love these summer nights here at the Oasis!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Rainee

Thanks for being right neighborly!

Post by Rainee »

Thanks for the warm welcome Lynn, Larry, Dewey and Klondike, I appreciate it.

I'm way ahead of you on the snacks and comfortable seating arrangement though. I'm having left over ginger beef and chow mein. Nothing like Chinese food at 3:30 am! And I'm lounging on a blanket spread over straw in the barn, nice and comfy. Although I do have this sudden craving for s'mores. . .

I think I'll try one of those little smilies, :lol:

Take care
Reiko

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler