Happy Birthday, Fernando!!

Chit-chat, current events
Vecchiolarry

Happy Birthday, Fernando!!

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday to Fernando!! Our own Feaito!!

I'm sure all of Santiago is 'en fete' celebrating with you and if they're not, they should be......

Have a grand day and many more! :D

Larry
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

¡feliz cumpleaños! I hope this is correct, my Word program is a little old...like me! But not you, Fernando!

Best wishes
Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Happy Birthday, Fernando!
If you happen to receive a ball for your birthday-DON'T bounce it! :twisted:

[youtube][/youtube]

Image Your pal, Ben
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Happy Birthday Fernando from all your friends at the Record Party!

[youtube][/youtube]

All the best,
Dewey
Moraldo Rubini

Many Happy Returns of the Day!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Ben! From what movie is that clip with Myrna Loy, Chester Morris and Irene Dunne?! I must see the entire thing. Or was it more than one?

Fernando, you remain my hero. Your gracious manner and enthusiastic willingness to share your knowledge... well shucks, I think you're swell!

Happy birthday!
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Marco, that was from the fabulous pre code shocker, "Thirteen Women." It was from a novel by Tiffany "Call Her Savage" Thayer. (Tiffany was somewhat obsessed with "miscegenation.") Peg Entwistle is also in the movie. You remember Peg's fate, don't you...
The original running time was 73 minutes. TCM's copy is 59 minutes-which cuts out two of the thirteen women. Wish someone would find that "lost" footage.
Sorry to interupt your birthday thread, Fernando, but I know you love Myrna...
Moraldo Rubini

Peg's Fall / Fernando's Rise

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Isn't Peg Entwhistle the unfortunate lass who fell from Hollywood -- literally? I wondered if the clip was from 13 Women, but didn't know that Chester Morris was in it! Very cool for Feaito's birthday.
vallo

Post by vallo »

Happy Birthday Feaito!! or ¡feliz cumpleaños!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

vallo (Bill)
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
klondike

Post by klondike »

Feaito!
:P
Many happy, happy wishes, mi hermano, on your Most Special Day.
The ol' Sled Dog hereby sentences you to scamper to your nearest beach before sundown, and stare off into the Western horizon with all your might, until you successfully imagine at least 1/2 dozen Easter Island Heads smiling back at you in warm regard.
:wink:
Make it so!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Dear Fernando,

Many, many happy returns. Your intelligence, astuteness and wit are always appreciated.
With best wishes,
Judith
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

8) Happy b-day, I'm glad I dropped in just in time to say so! And thanks for taking the time to look through my art :wink: Hope the day was a memorable one for ya.

Danny
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
feaito

Post by feaito »

Wow! I'm so amazed by all the warmth, care and camaderie of all the people who participate in these Boards. To each and everyone of you, thank you for your good wishes and kind words. I feel so honored. And Larry, thanks for remembering and starting the thread!!

And thanks to Moraldo for letting me know about this thread. I hadn't seen it! What a "gaffe" on my behalf.

One of the things I love more of my birthday being on August 2nd is that I share it with my beloved Myrna Loy, who was born on the same day but in 1905. Am I right about the year? So the "Thirteen Women" clip was justso pertinent Ben, because it was also dear Myrna's posthumous birthday.

I had a grand time on saturday friends. Since I turned 40, I wanted to do something special (for the first time in my life), so with the help of my wife, we organized a cocktail-party and it turned out great. Most of my family attended and some friends too.

Larry (I guess you'll like knowing this), we drank Chilean Carmenère and Chardonnay, among other beverages and ate some delicious things and hors d'ouevre, especially prepared and/or ordered by my wife.

And for the dance party I gathered a collection of some 500 songs from the 1980s and 1990s (Swing Out Sister, Duran Duran, OMD, Crystal Waters, Human League, Mylène Farmer, Rick Astley, Cher, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Yaz et al). We had so much fun!!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

OK, everybody, I vote we all meet at Feaito's house next year for his birthday! What a wonderful party it must have been.
We'll all be there next year!!!! :lol: :lol:

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
feaito

Post by feaito »

It would be thrilling to actually meet in person people from these Boards. If any of you ever come to Santiago de Chile, please let me know.

And knitwit, we rented a place for the party... my apartment's too small for such a thing ... Besides, my neighbours wouldn't have liked it! :wink: