Chit-chat, current events
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Has anbody heard anything from Lynn-concerning her dad? And what about Chris (SueSue)? She lives in Houston. There's been flooding there from the hurricane activity on the Texas coast.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I haven't heard anything from Lynn but she did post something on TCM yesterday (I think) but there was no mention of anything personal.

"SueSue" posted on TCM recently but nothing after 8/15.

Like you, Ben, I'm hoping all is well.
Last edited by movieman1957 on August 17th, 2007, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Does anyone know what happened to Hollis?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I saw Sue Sue on the board in the past couple of days - maybe she didn't post, but I saw her in the who's online section.

I got a PM from Hollis this morning, but haven't had a chance to return his message yet.
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper
Moraldo Rubini

Re: 411

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

benwhowell wrote:Has anbody heard anything from Lynn-concerning her dad? And what about Chris (SueSue)? She lives in Houston. There's been flooding there from the hurricane activity on the Texas coast.
Lynn was in late last night, but I haven't heard about her father in few days though. I'm wishing them well...
Lzcutter
Administrator

Practising Hope

Post by Lzcutter »

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the well wishes. It has been a roller coaster ride these last two weeks but my dad is one tough hombre.

After almost losing him last weekend, this weekend we are faced with telling him that he is going to lose his lower, right leg. We had hoped after last weekend's harrowing ordeal that we were on the upswing.

The catch-22, the medications that they gave my dad to keep him from bleeding out entirely caused the circulation in his feet to constrict. He is diabetic and this is, like blood thinners and unknown ulcers, a bad combination.

We are going to the hospital tomorrow morning to be there with him when the doctor tells him.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate it.

Still practising hope (no matter how hard it sometimes seem),

Lynn

PS: I talked to Christine (Sue2) last Saturday or Sunday evening. She was fine, just back from a trip to Mexico with her son. She was going back to work this week.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Thanks to all who have sent their thoughts and prayers.

A short update:

This evening they amputated my dad's right foot and lower leg (mid-calf). It is hoped by doing this that it will help his overall health to stablize and improve.

Dad is not out of the woods yet. He is still on dialysis and his blood pressure is still not stable all the time.

Will keep you posted.

Practising hope (and believing in miracles),

Lynn
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

feaito

Liz...

Post by feaito »

Lynn,

You and your family are in my thoughts. I wish all the best to your father. I sincerely hope his health will improve greatly.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Dear Lynn,
Saying prayers for you and yours. I know that this is an extremely difficult time. Please take care and know that we are wishing you well.
Love and Hugs,
Christy
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

P.S. I wanted to say thank you to all concerned about our weather down here. There was flooding, but luckily we avoided it.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
moira finnie
Administrator

Taking the SSO temperature or Weather notes from all over...

Post by moira finnie »

Dear Lynn,
I'm hoping that you and your family--particularly your father--are all doing okay. If thoughts and prayers are heard, it seems as though alot of positive ones are coming your way. Take care of yourself too, please.

Hey Western & MidWestern guys and gals,
Hope that all of you are on pleasantly drier, cooler ground soon. Anne, Ken and friends in the Chicago area in particular, Mother Nature seems hell-bent on putting her two cents in this year. Please let us know how you fared in yesterday's freak storm. Boy, from what I've heard, if only we could figure out a way to send some of that wet stuff down to the Southeastern U.S. Having experienced Charleston, SC in May of this year, I can't imagine that lovely part of the world totally hot and dry!

Back in upstate NY, after a lovely spell of cool, (temps in the 40s-50s), we are back in the summer frying pan today, with the cicadas, locusts and a few faint birds asking the musical question: "Who knows the tune 'Autumn in New York'?" Bring it on, bring it on....

Since the general US media rarely tells us anything about any other country 'cept when something ghastly happens, I hope that our Canadian (Larry & Inglis...) & Chilean (Fernando) pals will let us know what's happening in your corners of the globe.
Please have a decent weekend, everybody.
Your erstwhile pal,
moira
feaito

Re: Taking the SSO temperature or Weather notes from all ove

Post by feaito »

moirafinnie wrote:Since the general US media rarely tells us anything about any other country 'cept when something ghastly happens, I hope that our Canadian (Larry & Inglis...) & Chilean (Fernando) pals will let us know what's happening in your corners of the globe.
Please have a decent weekend, everybody.
Your erstwhile pal,
moira
Well Moira, here on the other side of the globe, we want this harsh winter to end at last! It has been one of the coldest winters in decades, with very, very low temperatures. We even had one day -5°C (a record in Santiago, the capital city). Agriculture has had huge losses (crop, fruits, vegetables, etc.) amounting to millions of dollars and there's going to be a shortage of vegetables & fruits in general and the prices have gone up to the clouds. Some fruit trees have been severley damaged and won't recover in two or three years. As for vineyards, there also have been losses.

And in Chile there's also the risk of earthquakes; some of the toughest have taken place in this country. Last week, our neighbour country Peru, suffered the consequences of a terrible 7,9 earthquake.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Moira:

The weather for the past week has been atrocious. It has rained every day, tree limbs are down in the streets, and some trees. My Dish Network has gone out for a half hour or so every day because sometimes the rain comes down so hard, I can't see across the street. You're a sweetie for asking though.

Feaito:

That's how dumb I am about geography. I never knew Chile had a winter anything like ours. I seriously thought you had warm summer weather all year round. -5 degrees is like Chicago. Do you ever get snow and ice?

Lynn:

I hope your Dad is coming around to acceptance and knowledge that there is a tomorrow.

To All:

I don't know if it's been the weather (either blazing hot and humid, or raining), or a rebound from my Dads' passing, or what, but I've been a real witch lately. I hope I haven't stepped on any toes too heavily, or hurt any feelings, but if I have, I'm very sorry for it. This humidity hasn't helped my knees any, and I'm pretty much housebound so that may also be a part of it, although it's no excuse.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
ken123

Post by ken123 »

MOIRA - Thanks for the concern, at least it isn;t flooding here, and I haven't lost electricity yet. I have lived in the Southern Suburbs for years and they were hit much worse than the City, it seems the Nothern burbs were about the worse hit.

LYNN - I hope that your father gets well soon with no complications.
feaito

Post by feaito »

mrsl wrote:Feaito:

That's how dumb I am about geography. I never knew Chile had a winter anything like ours. I seriously thought you had warm summer weather all year round. -5 degrees is like Chicago. Do you ever get snow and ice?
Don't worry about that Anne, there's such a variety of climates around the world and in the case of my country, there are such diverse types of climates and geography within Chile (being a very long and narrow country); In the north we have a very dry desertic landscape; Santiago has a mediterranean climate; in the south there is a big variety of climates ranging from very rainy to "Tundra"...and we have also the Easter Island on the Pacific Ocean and the Chilean Antartic Territory.

As for your question, we have plenty of snow in the Chilean Andes Mountains and also in the south, in Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales, as well as in the Antartic Territory. This year we even had snow in parts of Santiago & other southern cities in which this is not usual.