Any Good Recipes On File?

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Any Good Recipes On File?

Post by Lzcutter »

Tonight's dinner will be cheesy chicken sandwiches grilled on the charcoal grill.

Let you know how they turn out!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

I was brought up a vegetarian and since moving to upstate NY discovered the most delicious "Utica Greens" dish made with Escarole & has unseated my beloved Soul Collard Greens. Of course, I make it without Prosciutto, sub water for chicken stock while many add beans (BeansNGreens). Also, instead of hot chili peppers I use milder African Harissa.

It's just too cold to eat salad! Annette Funicello was from Utica-bet she ate lots of these-

Utica Greens are just one of those dishes you can not go wrong with, I am pretty sure the recipe is foolproof, easier to make than it looks-

Ingredients
1 bag escarole, chopped, fresh (15 ounces)
4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup hot pickled cherry peppers, chopped
1/2 cup prosciutto, diced
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt

Bring a 5-quart stock pot filled with 1 tablespoon sea-salted water to a boil. Add escarole and cook until tender (about 1-2 minutes).
Reserve about 2 tablespoons each of breadcrumbs and cheese for topping. Mix remaining breadcrumbs with cheese, oregano, and pepper.
In a large ovenproof saute pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add cooked greens and chicken stock to the pan and stir to combine. Mix in chopped peppers, prosciutto, breadcrumbs/cheese mixture.
Top with reserved breadcrumbs and cheese.
Heat oven to broil.
Place casserole under broiler for 4 to 6 minutes until brown, checking frequently.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

I also am vegetarian. Here is a "New Year Good Luck" recipe that one of my siblings sent to me. I have yet to try it, but it looks delicious.

Sweet Potato Black-Eyed Pea Curry
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields