The History of Hugo Cabret /George Melies

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Birdy

The History of Hugo Cabret /George Melies

Post by Birdy »

Book recommendation:

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznik (Brooklyn) is the fictionalized story of Georges Melies who was a filmmaker who made the first science fiction movie. (A trip to the Moon - remember, the rocket ship in the moon's eye.)

The book is considered a children's book told in words and pictures with over 300 pages of drawings, including some photos and copies of Melies drawings.
It takes place in Paris and is the story of a boy who is left alone in the world and discovers one of Melies inventions.

You can learn more about it at theinventionofhugocabret.com where there are tons of links to information about Melies. You can also watch some of his films there. I hope you will check it out, I'm not quite with it enough to put the actual link or post any pictures representing the book or Melies. If any of you non-gremlins could do that, I would appreciate it.

It took me forever to pick this book up off our shelf and then I couldn't put it down.
I probably should have put this in the 'Reading' thread, but wanted more people to be able to go to the website than might see it there.

B
Birdy

Re: The History of Hugo Cabret /George Melies

Post by Birdy »

Well, what do you know? Apparently Martin Scorsese had the same opinion I did and his movie adaption of this book as Hugo took home quite a few of the statues on the big night. Once again, I recommend the book.
B
knitwit45

Re: The History of Hugo Cabret /George Melies

Post by knitwit45 »

Hugo is on Time Warner Cable now, I'm planning on renting it this weekend!