Re: MAVEN MOMENTS.....

Post by CineMaven »

:D
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
feaito

Re: TCM 2012 FILM FESTIVAL: FOUR DAYS OF CINEMATIC HEAVEN

Post by feaito »

Wow :shock: Theresa!! Way to go!! Great work!! You are a professional, it's a great montage and your edition is flawless!! You ought to be in the Business Baby!!

Thanks for sharing it with us. I can see all the effort you put in this labour of love... Thanks to you I can say I was part of it :wink:
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm saving your video for a quiet moment and really looking forward to it :wink: I love the pictures.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Teresa, your video was thoroughly mesmerizing! Your voice is especially well- suited to the play-by-play you have presented us with in your compilation video.

I especially enjoyed Eddie Muller's comments about Yvonne DeCargo and Dan Duryea. The interviews with Kim Novak at the prescreening to Vertigo and Angie Dickinson's comments about the virtues of the Duke are lovely.

The montage with stars above and below the two center characters was a nice addition. Loved the intercut of all the different sights and sights.

Thank you for this entertaining feature! I certainly hope I was one of those folks you enjoyed meeting.

Did you have one of the cabana rooms? It looked so spacious and lovely. I know they all surround the pool and was wondering if there any kind of annoying noise factor from the non-stop revelry or if the quarters are sufficiently sound proof.

This year I was so amazed at the smooth check in and check out process. Nothing like the previous years, and I have heard no complaints at all!

It was so fantastic to see Cinemaven and Pvitari featured in the red carpet festivities!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, CineMaven, your video was lovely. I particularly loved the moments when Mel Brooks described his mother's logic about Frankenstein, Angie D. describing John Wayne as "cute" (truer words were never spoken), and Eddie Muller's paean to the great Dan Duryea.

I also loved the photo of Christy and you. Thank you for using your skill to help all of us enjoy this experience.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Due to technical difficulties (a true I D 10 T moment..) I haven't been able to watch videos until today. T, you gave me the trip I didn't get to make! Thanks so much, I am sure this was laborious, but a true labor of love.

Eva Marie and Marge are still drop dead gorgeous, and really Stars, aren't they? I had a bit of trouble with the Debbie Reynolds section, missed who she was talking about. Details, please!!!!

Thanks for sharing some real movie magic!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Thank you...Thank you so much Christy, Moira, Nancy & Feaito for watching, and giving your feedback and compliments on my video essay of my TCM trip. I really appreciate it.
[u][color=#404000]FEAITO[/color][/u] wrote:...You ought to be in the Business Baby!!
Ha! From your mouth to God’s ears, querida. Get me a hook-up baby...get me the hook-up!

[u][color=#404040]SUE SUE APPLEGATE[/color][/u] wrote:Teresa, your video was thoroughly mesmerizing! Your voice is especially well- suited to the play-by-play you have presented us with in your compilation video.

Christy, my voice was so hoarse when I recorded this b'cuz I had been screaming for two days straight trying to get movie stars to notice us fans so we could take their pictures. I thought I sounded like a cross between Lauren Bacall, Harvey Fierstein and Froggy from “The Little Rascals.”
I especially enjoyed Eddie Muller's comments about Yvonne DeCargo and Dan Duryea. The interviews with Kim Novak at the prescreening to Vertigo and Angie Dickinson's comments about the virtues of the Duke are lovely.
It was cute to see Muller be a little overcome by DeCarlo's charms, but she brings that out in a man. And his admiration for Duryea was shared by the audience. Novak and Dickinson were indeed a thrill to actually see in person. They were big draws.
Thank you for this entertaining feature! I certainly hope I was one of those folks you enjoyed meeting.
You bet your sweet bippy I enjoyed meeting you (again)!! Our impromptu duet in the Roosevelt lobby...a highlight.
Did you have one of the cabana rooms? It looked so spacious and lovely. I know they all surround the pool and was wondering if there any kind of annoying noise factor from the non-stop revelry or if the quarters are sufficiently sound proof.
The cabana room was definitely spacious and I loved it. I was actually sitting on my little balcony working on my taxes (crazy, right? The price of procrastination)..but I faced the pool and I could definitely hear the party. It was loud. But it wasn’t loud enough for me to NOT sleep (’cuz when I’m sleepy I’m out like a light). But I wouldn’t want that part of the hotel again.

Say, how was YOUR big nite on campus this past weekend? Author!!! Author!!! Tell...tell!!

[u][color=#404080]MOIRA FINNIE[/color][/u] wrote:Oh, CineMaven, your video was lovely. I particularly loved the moments when Mel Brooks described his mother's logic about Frankenstein, Angie D. describing John Wayne as "cute" (truer words were never spoken), and Eddie Muller's paean to the great Dan Duryea.
Thanx again Moira. Mel was so entertaining. I spent a lot of time on line so I could get a good front seat to be able to shoot my videos. And just the mention of Duryea’s name elicited some audience applause (he was dastardly, wasn’t he?). I had to include his picture in the shot.
I also loved the photo of Christy and you. Thank you for using your skill to help all of us enjoy this experience.
Ha-ha..I’m a little weenie girl next to that statuesque Texan.
[u][color=#4040BF]KNITWIT45[/color][/u] wrote:Due to technical difficulties (a true I D 10 T moment..) I haven't been able to watch videos until today. T, you gave me the trip I didn't get to make! Thanks so much, I am sure this was laborious, but a true labor of love. Eva Marie and Marge are still drop dead gorgeous, and really Stars, aren't they? I had a bit of trouble with the Debbie Reynolds section, missed who she was talking about. Details, please!!!! Thanks for sharing some real movie magic!
Glad your computer is up and running so you can start posting...I love editing. It's like putting together a puzzle. It is time intensive, but I settle into it putting picture to the right music that helps enhance things. I really thought Marge Champion was the prettiest little thing. And Peggy Cummins looks so elegant in person (I got her autograph later in the festival). As for the unsinkable Debbie Reynolds...she spoke before Kim Novak's hand/footprint ceremony at Grauman's Chinese, and joked about her own bad luck with men.

Debbie is a H :shock: :shock: T!

Thank you all again!
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com