GONE WITH THE WINDBAG ??

Chit-chat, current events
Dewey1960

GONE WITH THE WINDBAG ??

Post by Dewey1960 »

It would now appear that It Who Shall Remain Nameless (as well as its various alter-ID's) may have been banned from the TCM message boards. Perhaps it is too soon to make this call, but all signs seem to point in this direction. For the sake of TCM, let us hope this is the case.
moira finnie
Administrator

A thought

Post by moira finnie »

Hi Dewey,
I'm glad that you and everyone else are here, but in the interests of beginning fresh, I'm going to ask if you and all members could please refrain from beginning a thread devoted to CS and her myriad issues & identities. You have so much to offer in your enthusiasms, knowledge and interest in film. I'd love to read more about your classic movie adventures, thoughts, experiences, and likes and dislikes, rather than about an individual whom I think would be best left behind.

We're all trying to start something positive here. If TCM comes to its senses and does something about the situation over there, great. I'll still visit the site, but here's a chance to move on to something better today. As we develop cohesive guidelines for the site and each of us as members, I'd like to focus consciously on film as much as possible and avoid anything that might be interpreted as discussions of personalities who aren't a part of this group.

I know that this website wouldn't be possible without the members and I am having a great time enjoying reading the thoughts of everyone on film, media and culture. I sincerely want you to be a part of it. I hope that you'll take this message in the friendly spirit in which it's intended. I'd wish that we might write more about film and the media in what can be our mutual future here.
Hoping for the best in each of us,
Moira
Last edited by moira finnie on April 18th, 2007, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klondike

Post by klondike »

> " . . avoid anything that might be interpreted as discussions of personalities who aren't a part of this group. "

That's sage advice, Moira, and quite timely; I myself was starting to slide back into that sort of catharsis over what That Individual was cutting-up to, over on the Boards . . kind of like that rubbernecking you catch yourself doing, sometimes, when you pass a car-wreck.
Sometimes, I almost wonder if we're more vulnerable to that sort of morbidity after feeling the opposite sort of relief, like after we lucked into the community we have here!
So, Yes, let's concentrate on appreciating what we're building here, and help each other enjoy the Fruits of these fine labors!
A year from now, all that other business will actually have the patina of Nostalgia to it!

Klondike
Dewey1960

A thought

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hi Moira - Feel free to delete the thread. I suppose I'm still dealing with a bit of the negative residue that comes from doing battle over there. Thanks for putting it all so nicely!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

klondike wrote: A year from now, all that other business will actually have the patina of Nostalgia to it!
You know...this is really true.

It seems incredible to believe, but a year from now we will be laughing about all of it...and probably (hopefully) looking upon the whole thing as a GOOD thing...because is led us all to be a part of something better!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Blowhards...

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

So true!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Just so anyone knows you do have the ability to delete your onw posts. It's in the right hand top corner of your post next to the edit there is an "X." Click on that and you can delete your post. (I've done it so I know it works.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."